Pes 5

Cowden_harley

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Just a quick thread to see if any reviewers/press/game shop owners are on this forum to see if they have a preview or final copy of PES 5. Just want to know if the 720p option is in like Fifa 06:smashin:

Cheers For Your Time All

Can I just add another quick question as well:-

'have they included widescreen support this time??'

Ta :)

be nice too if the bloody music stays off when ive turned it off in the bloody options.

(to get it back on track ;) )

Is PES5 in widescreen and does it have 720p?

Id like to know too.

Cheers

Dan

Played PES5 on a friends 'special' Xbox last night and was shocked at how much they've changed the gameplay. It a very different experience to PES4. Dribbling is harder and player first touch is much looser. The ball definitely doesnt stick to the feet like PES4. Much harder trying to enjoy a lengthy period of possession. Passing is definitely not as accurate and sometimes the ball pings all over the place. The game can feel almost random. Attackers seem to recover quicker too from challenges so defending is harder. The outcome of all these changes is loads of 50-50 balls and a much more physical experience, which does reflect the modern game IMHO. Distance shooting and free-kicks seems easier though - I kept most of my efforts well down and forced a few fingertip saves, making good defending even more challenging. The game is also frighteningly fast when playing off line. Don't know how much slower it would be online.

Hi i can confirm that there is no 720p option just 480p however there is widescreen option. the game itself is quite good but they have changed a lot of things. It is now a lot harder to tackle as you are constantly getting pulled up for fouls. You have to learn how to defend all over again.

At last - widescreen :thumbsup: :clap: :D I've heard about the defending issue, you can't just hold down the A button anymore to tackle - hopefully should improve things.

JaRule999 said:
however there is widescreen option.

Are you sure? I don't think so :rolleyes:

Great news about the widescreen support - hated the lack of that in PES4! :thumbsup:

**edit** - just saw the previous post - not so confident now!

JaRule999 said:
Hi i can confirm that there is no 720p option just 480p however there is widescreen option. the game itself is quite good but they have changed a lot of things. It is now a lot harder to tackle as you are constantly getting pulled up for fouls. You have to learn how to defend all over again.

What is your source for the Widescreen option. As far as i've read PES5 is still in 4:3 just like WE9 (the japanese version) which I have on the PS2.

EDIT: Infact here's a link confirming that there's no widescreen. I didn't think there would be as that would have meant completely re-programming WE9 which would take a lot more than a couple of months!

Disappointing!!! Might be the best footie game out there but the lack of widescreen support (and the fact the the xbox version doesn't seem to take advantage of the machines extra power) is just criminal :thumbsdow

Roll on the 360 version - Konami will have to drag themselves into the 21st century for that one!!

Played my friends copy *cough* last night and cannot find any widescreen option.

To me it plays much better than PES4, feels like a proper football game now. The shooting and passing has also been tweaked in which you can score some unique goals, among with the scrappy ones too ;)
Computer defending can be very hard, Chelsea doesn't give much away in this game and even on 3 stars you'll be battling away.

I just cannot wait for my £14.99 pre-order to arrives soon.

I've been playing WE9 for a couple of months and it's fantastic - a big improvement over PES4! The lack of widescreen is disapointing and very lazy of Konami but they get away with it because it's such a superb game. Oh and at £14.99 I can't complain! ;) .

One good thing is that they can't get away without widescreen on the 360 version as all games must have widescreen support.

No widescreen and no 720p thats just ridiculous. How has fifa managed that then and konami can't?

I have to say im very dissapointed, I too have played WE9 and admit its a vast improvement on PES4.

Both reasons why I considered getting the PC version this round (no 360 version, no 720p and no widescreen). I'm still getting it however on Xbox (which better work on 360!!).

Cowden_harley said:
No widescreen and no 720p thats just ridiculous. How has fifa managed that then and konami can't?

I have to say im very dissapointed, I too have played WE9 and admit its a vast improvement on PES4.

I guess it shows the difference between the 2 companies...

- EA - more bothered about how the game looks than it plays.
- Konami - put all their effort into making their game play as much like real footie as possible and the visual/presentation side of things come a poor second.

Personally I know which of the two I prefer but I also admit that widescreen especially would be a really useful addition and it's poor that Konami have not bothered with this.

i agree with you cas definately i kno which I prefer also but it really couldn't be that hard. If konami would stop bringing out abou 90 versions(okay i exagerrated) every year and done one then they would have time.

lol i know, i know I shouldn't complain it is a wonderful game and im totally appreciative of that. But, I can't help but feel let down by Konami if that migrane inducing pitch is in again also I will cry.

I must admit I hated WE9 at first, seemed too clumsy, about 3 weeks later though it all fell in place, the beauty of the WE/PES games is a year later you will still find something new, when you play Fifa you need about 4 hours to see all it has to offer, its predictable.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom