Pes 2020

Thanks bud. But there isn't one file which does them all, you need to do it by individual leagues, is that right?

That's right yeah. Create a WEPES folder on a USB, unzip each of the individual stuff you want, and import the contents onto the USB.

Gave up on my club, found it incredibly dull. But have banged out 3 seasons of ML as Middlesborough just finished 5th and won the Europa League on Top Player. Though the regens might spoil it as they are pretty much the only people worth signing as I can't spend my 300mil transfer kitty as no big players want to join me yet.
But on the pitch it's been great. This is the first year is a long long time I've played so many games. The variety has been excellent, find it easier against top teams though as the games are more open. Though it may be because I'm on 5 min games that it's hard to break the lesser teams down.

Played about 8 games last night and its playing like a dream again.

I have about 130 scouts in my club is it worth keeping them or should I just sack them off.

If they're not 5 star just sell them.

The scouting system is still a joke, and it's very disappointing they haven't improved it.

I'm wondering what the point was of that huge questionnaire they did, as they've implicated nothing from it from what I can see.

None are 5 star. Best is about 4. Bit cant seem to do anything decent with them will sell.em..

Cheers

Not sure what it's like on SP, but online the game is much more ping-pong than it was, and the passing is very inconsistent. Plus your players seem unable to get to the ball on occasion, almost like they're resisting your control.

And even with players like Messi, dribbling is almost non-existent. Don't know what they've done there, but it's zapped some of the fun out of attacking.

Not a complete car crash, but having spent a good few hours on it now imo it's certainly a step backwards from last year's release.

This year, for some reason, both dash and quick stop commands are assigned to the same button. Is there a way to split them up? Make dash be R2 and quick stop R1?

Well I finally decided to get back into PES 2020 this weekend after purposely leaving it alone until the most recent patch.

I have to say I am so disappointed with the game.

I put in probs over 100 hours into PES 19, done about 4 or season in Master League and some online stuff as well, and although the game had issues, it was overall a good game. The PES 2020 demo arrived and it was fantastic, had some issues but the foundations were great. Full game at release felt very good, then I can't remember if it was after the first patch or what but something seemed to have changed, and responsiveness and AI was bad, so I left it alone until the October patch.

I have no idea what the patch has done but it is still near enough impossible to dribble past a defender, they are too robotic and watch you do a skill then just take the ball off you. The responsiveness is way to slow as well, you basically cant do any movements based off instinct as by the time the player reacts he has been tackled. This dribbling and responsiveness issue is major, it makes the game so one dimensional, you can basically only pass the ball into the net, you get 1 on 1 with your winger and it doesn't feel exciting because you know you can't do him with a bit of nice skill.

I started off master league and I have played about 7 games, and to be honest I think I am done. The games have been very boring as like I say they are very one dimensional, fixing the dribbling and responsiveness would make such a big difference. I mean there is many more issues, such as the physicality being toned down a lot, the camera not keeping up, the space between midfield and defence, the passive defenders etc., but I could look past these issues if you could actually dribble and the AI wasn't so robotic, but in it's current state I don't know if I will even boot it up again.

So disappointed.

Yes it isn't a patch on last years game. Which I am also massively disappointed about.

I agree with a lot of what you have said. They've just taken the gameplay backwards, there's not really any other way to describe it.

Add to that the fact that there's also less options in the MyClub - I don't know how that can even be possible. Obtaining players is nowhere near as much fun as it used to be.

So strange that you can get so much so wrong. And it will likely just push people back towards Fifa. If this years game is their first experience of PES.

I've gone back to fifa after their latest patch

Plays much better online now

Genuinely though this was the year is gone back to pes but the defending mentioned above, crap matchmaking and lag did my head in to much

I've been playing around 10 games a night now..and apart from a handful of issues literally 5/6 it's a beautiful. Game both playing and visually

I've been playing around 10 games a night now..and apart from a handful of issues literally 5/6 it's a beautiful. Game both playing and visually
There was an update recently which improved some issues, slightly.

I had 2 games on the bounce and it played really well. Some great 'PES moments' where you wanted to pause and watch it back as it looked so realistic, then I had about 4 bad games on the bounce.

They have tried to make it easier to dribble past players and it is a little bit better, but it's not like you outsmart the A with nice dribbling or skill, it's as if they have toned down the standing tackle, like sometimes they will just let you past them. They still basically watch you do the skill move, so you don't knock them off balance or dazzle them with a nice skill move, but instead of them just taking the ball off you all the time they will occasionally let you past them. It looks a bit rubbish but at least you can sometimes get a player.

Some games play well, and some play awful, it's weird. Like some games my players don't know they are footballers, players with 80+ dribbling taking awful touches and cant make a simple pass, then other games it flows and feels good. The bad games seem to be outnumbering the good though which is an issue.

There was nothing wrong with last years game really, it just needed a few tweaks. Dribbling etc was great in my opinion.

Possibly 20 has improved slightly in the last few weeks, but it's still a step back from 19. Dribbling and passing is at times non-existent. Fouls are still poorly judged, and it's a lot more ping pongy a la Fifa at times.

I've already given up playing it on my own now, and only hook up for some 2v2 when my gameshare buddy is about.

Just picking this up again after a while and there's no fluidity to the play. Playing as Liverpool and trying to recreate their passing with close control is impossible. Fifa goes too far the other way.

Its fudge again.

Yep. I knew after I bigged up last years game so much they'd do this this year :laugh:

It is poor this year. I have no idea what they've done nor why they did it, but I hope they revert back to 19 as the template for next year. Or we may not have any decent footy games at all.

Upping game speed to 1 is a little better but still :confused:

The problem is I only really play online, so there's nothing for me to alter in that respect.

Online this year is much closer to Fifa than I'd ever have wanted. It's just about ping ponging the ball around, and the inability to beat players dribbling has massively detrimented the gameplay.

Plus the control from players seems to have gone too, so it bounces off you quite often and it gets very scrappy.

Last year's game was so pleasant just to play, but this year's is unfortunately just frustration.

It's so frustrating to me as we literally had a demo which played beautifully. Yeah there was some issues with the fouling/referees, but it's actual core was great. The dribbling, close control, AI, it was all so good.

It's like this is what you could've had!

I never actually played the demo, but I have seen comments since we've had the problems of 20 that suggest the demo was in fact just a build from 19, which is why it felt so good.

I think they must have massively tweaked something just before release, and it's not possible to revert it.

I'm sure the devs know by now anyway that 20 hasn't been a big hit.

I'm a 'passer' so am actually enjoying it tbh and putting some wins online together now I have my formation and tactics nailed

No Euro Competition for pes......

Totally forgot about this game. Think I've played it about 4/5 times max. A real shame.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom