Personal Hotspot on New iPad disappeared

tdenson

Novice Member
I've been using tethering on my New iPad for a few months now, but the Personal Hotspot has suddenly disappeared from the settings screen. I am using a Three SIM. This happened to me once before but came back again after a few days. Anyone else seeing this ? In fact can anyone tell me whether they are successfully tethering with Three from an iPad. And yes, I do mean tethering FROM the iPad i.e. I am running it as a personal hotspot.

TwoJs

Distinguished Member
tdenson said:
I've been using tethering on my New iPad for a few months now, but the Personal Hotspot has suddenly disappeared from the settings screen. I am using a Three SIM. This happened to me once before but came back again after a few days. Anyone else seeing this ? In fact can anyone tell me whether they are successfully tethering with Three from an iPad. And yes, I do mean tethering FROM the iPad i.e. I am running it as a personal hotspot.
Just a thought but are you on a contract sim all you can eat data, as the pay as you go sim does not allow tethering, and they may have caught up on you doing it so disabled the option ?!

tdenson

Novice Member
Just a thought but are you on a contract sim all you can eat data, as the pay as you go sim does not allow tethering, and they may have caught up on you doing it so disabled the option ?!
I'm not on PAYG, it's a monthly contract. My understanding was that this allows tethering - particularly as they seem to promote its use in a Mifi

tdenson

Novice Member
Also, given that when I tried to cancel my contract they gave me a laptop dongle. Why would they allow a dongle if they don't allow tethering ?

tdenson

Novice Member
Right, I've got to the bottom of it. The Personal Hotspot option is buried in Settings under SettingsGeneral/Network/Personal Hotspot. However, once you've selected it it gets moved to the top level of Settings even if you then switch it off, hence why I thought it had disappeared. I don't know what the trigger is that removes it from the top level.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom