• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Personal Banking

Which new bank

• Metro Bank

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • First Direct

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Any other more advanced type of banking

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

shodan

Distinguished Member
Right, I'm fed up with my current bank. An online company called Think Money, who use RBS for their bricks and mortar stuff like paying in cheques...

My top two contenders are :-
Metro Bank
First Direct

Metro Bank have their own branches, one about 20 mins drive from work and one about 10 mins drive from home and near the gym.
The branch is open 0800 - 2000, 7 days a week and there is internet banking, telephone service 24/7, mobile banking app's, even contact through Twitter.
Also the branches are massive and child friendly to take the kids in there and I'm told you can even grab a coffee while your in there!
I can walk in there, open an account and walk out with a bank card to use there and then.

First Direct use Post Office and HSBC. There is a Post Office down the road to me that is open till 8.30pm and a HSBC down the road to where I work.
They also have internet banking, mobile banking apps, telephone service 24/7

So they seem almost Six of One and half a dozen of the other...

So what are peoples experience of these banks? Any preference? Anything else I should be considering with similar or better levels or service?

Any thoughts greatly appreciated!

Veni Vidi Vici

First Direct are very good, their customer service are brilliant, personally out of those two I'd pick them unless you particularly need a bank to be open on a Sunday or late

D

Deleted member 498601

I've just switched to First Direct (in the past week), and I'm impressed by the simple fact that for the first time ever, I ring a company, and they answer the phone! No 'Press 1 to...' crap.

Very good experience as a new customer.

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
I've just switched to First Direct (in the past week), and I'm impressed by the simple fact that for the first time ever, I ring a company, and they answer the phone! No 'Press 1 to...' crap.

Very good experience as a new customer.
I get the same experience with Cater Allen - yes it is dead handy. And that person can always do what I want - no 'ah I'll pass you over to the transaction processing department who will be happy to take you through security again and answer your questions...'

stuart07970

If you need a safe deposit box and a free sandwich toaster choose Metro Bank.
If you want a bank who are so balls-to-the-wall confident in how good they are that they'll pay you £100 to join, and then pay you another £100 to leave in the first 12 months - because nobody would be that stupid as to take £100 to give up that kind of service.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom