• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Persepolis Blu-ray (US) 24/06

Jim Morrison

http://www.dvdreview.com/news/viewnews.asp?id=10171

The French film Persepolis will be coming to DVD and Blu-Ray Disc in June from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment.

"Persepolis" is the poignant story of a young girl coming-of-age in Iran during the Islamic Revolution. It is through the eyes of precocious and outspoken nine-year-old Marjane that we see a people's hopes dashed as fundamentalists take power - forcing the veil on women and imprisoning thousands. Clever and fearless, she outsmarts the "social guardians" and discovers punk, ABBA and Iron Maiden.

The discs will include bonus features such as Featurettes, Graphic Novel Comparisons and the Cannes Film Festival Interviews.

http://uk.rottentomatoes.com/m/persepolis/

I missed this at the flicks but quite fancy giving it a go. Let's hope Sony continue their recent trend of not coding day & date Blu-ray titles.

El Chupacabra

Standard Member
I've seen Persepolis and I thought the movie was a very accurate picture of life in Tehran and abroad for modern Iranians. However, it helps if you know a little bit about the sort of Iranian that the author/filmaker is, so as to fully understand the film. My girlfriend is Iranian and although born in London, spent some of her childhood years growing up in Tehran during the same years that this movie is set and it very much conforms with the stories that I have heard from her and her friends over the years about how life is like there and how they cope with the differences western culture provides them with.

As an animation I also think it'll really screen well with a blu-ray transfer.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom