Perry Mason (HBO limited series) 2020

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Matthew Rhys stars as the titular criminal defence lawyer.

Perry Mason takes place in 1931 Los Angeles, a city that is booming while the rest of the country struggles through the Great Depression. Perry Mason, meanwhile, is living check-to-check as a low-rent private investigator, haunted by his wartime experiences in France and suffering the effects of a broken marriage. But when the case of the decade breaks down Mason’s door, his “relentless pursuit of the truth reveals a fractured city and, just maybe, a pathway to redemption for himself”.

perry-mason-matthew-rhys.jpg

Co-stars include Tatiana Maslany (Orphan Black) as powerful preacher Sister Alice and John Lithgow (The Crown) as E.B. Jonathan, an attorney and Mason’s semi-regular employer. Chris Chalk (Gotham), Shea Whigham (Homecoming), Nate Corddry (Mom), Veronica Falcon (Queen of the South), Jefferson Mays (I Am the Night), Gayle Rankin (GLOW) and Lili Taylor (American Crime).

prism10

I think I would like to watch this as a period piece.

I have read a few early Perry Mason stories.

Garrett

Id watch it Im watching him most weekdays on CBS Justice and some of the plots are quite good with nice twist although when he nails the murderer they always break down and confess it was justified.
This is the Raymond Burr series late 50s to mid 60s (loved the later ones as well). Really nice chap was a huge philanthropist.

Top Bottom