Period room - screen positioning dilemma

Gordab

Established Member
Reaction score
I have recently moved from a modern to a period flat and with the consequent acquisition of a fireplace (drat those period features!) I am at an impasse over how to set up the room with TV and surround speakers comprising of 2 x floorstanders, 2 x stand mount, 1 x centre.
At present I have almost zero furniture, so anything is up for consideration. Room plan is detailed below:

ftpj68.jpg

Dimensions are approx 20ft into bay window, 12ft across.

My dilemma is:
Put TV centrally in the bay window, with speakers either side equally. Thus partially blocking the view to outside unless I put the TV on the floor!
Put TV on the back wall, which receives huge amounts of light from the bay window such that it's unwatchable for most of the day unless curtains/blinds are drawn.
Put TV in the corner or the room by the bay window, balance the AV receiver speaker trim to the location and live with less-than-perfect speaker placement for stereo sources (I use the AVR350 in stereo mode for listening to CD and FLAC sources).

At the moment, I am tending towards finding a very low av unit (up to ~30cm high) and putting the TV in the bay window thus compromising a bit on ideal viewing height.
I'm sure others must have similar room layouts - I'd be interested to hear opinions/advice :)

Hiya, I'd go for the bay window option, you TV isn't that huge as a 37-inch so you shouldn't be to bad, just make sure you have good curtains or whatever so your TV isn't an inviting site from outside to the 'scally' element.

Cheers Linx

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom