1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Perhaps Panasonic Warranties are Transferable?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Andy.T, Mar 11, 2004.

1. Andy.T

Andy.T

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    Hiya all,

After reading YumYum33's thread here a little while ago I was rather concerned that he'd been told that Panny warranties weren't transferable. i.e. That if the owner of a pj tries to get a warranty repair done, even if he has the original reciept, if his details do not match the original purchasers that they may refuse to do the repair under warranty.

I was so uptight about this I emailed Panasonic's UK customer service people via their website. It took a while (a few weeks) but I got a fairly reassuring reply.

Here's what I sent...

And here's the reply I got...

So according to that as long as someone has the original purchase receipt, warranty repairs should be performed by Panasonic with no problem.

Obviously I'm not having a dig at Yumyum33 here, I can well believe that was what he was told on the phone. But clearly Mr. Right and Mrs. Left Hand within Panasonic's customer service centre need to update themselves on what each other's up to. :rolleyes:

In any case I shall be keeping a copy of this e-mail, should I need to beat a Panasonic customer service representative over the head with it at a future date. :)

2. david park

david park

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was talking to a Panasonic dealer in his shop today and the biggest problem with wanting warranty work from Panasonic is where your supplier got the item from.

The supplier as to have obtained it through Panasonic in the UK for Panasonic UK to help you if you have a problem. If he as obtained it missing out Panasonic UK they will not help, and you are entirely in the hands of your supplier.

This to me is a terrible situation, how are we to know how the product got to the shop or on-line supplier.

3. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The warranty should be tied to the serial number, not the owner

ad

4. windfall

windfall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Someone stated on another thread that these had a 2 year warranty?? I guess from your mail this is not so! Shame theres so much ambiguity on this!

I purchased mine from Musical Images in Edgeware and was very happy, we went down and checked out a few in demo before we put our money down. We used a credit card with insurance so this is another route to look into with regards to failures and breakages!

Cheers

Tone

5. Rickyj @ Kalibrate

Rickyj @ Kalibrate
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,749
    Hi Andy

No offence taken, I think it is Panasonic upto there old tricks of picking any answer and going with that. I was a bit upset about this revelation from Panasonic, and so emailed them aswell, and got this response:

Dear Mr Jennings,

Thank you for your e-mail enquiry.

Unfortunatley the warranty on these units is not transferable.

However, of course, if you should have any further queries, please do not
    hesitate to contact us on 08705 357357 or customer.care@panasonic.co.uk and
    we will endeavour to assist.

Date of receipt of this email is 18 Feb 2004, so I am hoping that they have updated it to the reflect the reply that you received.

Even the dead pixel query I asked them about, came back different on the email. So which one is right? Think it depends who you speak to.

Ricky