iFi audio - NEWS! Diablo 2 is out now!

iFi audio

Prominent Member
AVForums Sponsor
Reaction score
----------------
970x250MusicMakesLifeBetter (1).jpg

Hello everyone,

Welcome to our first official thread here on AV Forums, we are so excited to share all our news and upcoming products with you. We here at iFi love to know your feedback, comments, set-ups or just general chit chats and more. So please don’t hesitate to ask us questions, we would love to help.

We can’t wait to get to know you all!

Thank you,
iFi audio.​

Got nothing but great things to say about your products.

I own the Black label micro idsd and it really is a stunning piece of audio hardware. I have it connected to my Imac and use it with Roon. The sound quality is excellent, full of body and overall fairly neutral with a little bit of warmth present to my ears. Pairs well with all my earphones and headphones. Loads of power in reserve for those hard to drive headphones as well.

It is the one bit of audio kit that really brings out the best in my Sennheiser HD660s.

Recently had the privilege to listen to and review both the Hip-Dac and the xDSD. Again both excellent products, similar sound signature to their big brother the micro idsd.

Got nothing but great things to say about your products.

I own the Black label micro idsd and it really is a stunning piece of audio hardware. I have it connected to my Imac and use it with Roon. The sound quality is excellent, full of body and overall fairly neutral with a little bit of warmth present to my ears. Pairs well with all my earphones and headphones. Loads of power in reserve for those hard to drive headphones as well.

It is the one bit of audio kit that really brings out the best in my Sennheiser HD660s.

Recently had the privilege to listen to and review both the Hip-Dac and the xDSD. Again both excellent products, similar sound signature to their big brother the micro idsd.

Thanks for the feedback. We love hearing what you guys think of our gear. I have the little brother of the micro in the office - nano BL - and use it with my iMac and love it. It's a little powerhouse. The hip-dac is great for going out and about though. I seme to have lost that one to my hubby though at the mo!

Did you try the xDSD with Tidal MQA? Just wondering as some people like MQA and some don't.

Hey, great to see you guys on here. I finally took the plunge and bought the hip-dac. Using it with the Porta Pros when I go running. I love how warm it sounds and it certainly makes the miles go faster.

IMG_7977.jpg

My (Intel NUC derived) PrimeMini 4 computer is utilised as a Roon ROCK Server. It utilises a 19v 65watt PSU. Ideally, I would like to replace this PSU with an IFi Audio iPower X, but, unfortunately, it isn‘t suitable/compatible.

My (Intel NUC derived) PrimeMini 4 computer is utilised as a Roon ROCK Server. It utilises a 19v 65watt PSU. Ideally, I would like to replace this PSU with an IFi Audio iPower X, but, unfortunately, it isn‘t suitable/compatible.
Unfortunately our iPower X only goes up to a 15v, but you can contact our support team and they may be able to assist you on what you need :) you can open up a ticket here AMR & iFi-Audio Support Ticket System

Micro iTube3 - passthrough switch please

Micro iDsD black label next version - 4.4mm balanced out please

Generally - ditch the 2.5mm balanced please

*I respect you are at least starting to offer the choice, unlike A&K stubbornly clinging onto 2.5mm balanced

Micro iTube3 - passthrough switch please

Micro iDsD black label next version - 4.4mm balanced out please

Generally - ditch the 2.5mm balanced please

*I respect you are at least starting to offer the choice, unlike A&K stubbornly clinging onto 2.5mm balanced

I'll pass on these comments to R&D. All I can say is watch this space for lots of interesting things to come before the end of the year!

Hi all,
Really excited as the ZEN DAC has won a coveted EISA award - Best Value DAC 2020-21. Just had to share as we're really proud of this. It's also a thank you to those who support us and whose feedback keeps us on our toes.
Cheers,
Vic

EISA-Award-iFi-Audio-ZEN-DAC.png

We even get a little video too! lol

Nice one guys! I'm going get one of these I reckon! Congrats on the Award. Also saw the ZEN CAN is out? What's the feedback on that looking like? Should I get one to go with the ZEN DAC?

I'm enjoying using your Zen DAC. I would like it use the 4.4mm balanced output for active monitors, do you know anywhere I can buy a reasonably priced 4.4mm to dual XLR converter?

Thanks for the feedback. We love hearing what you guys think of our gear. I have the little brother of the micro in the office - nano BL - and use it with my iMac and love it. It's a little powerhouse. The hip-dac is great for going out and about though. I seme to have lost that one to my hubby though at the mo!

Did you try the xDSD with Tidal MQA? Just wondering as some people like MQA and some don't.

I did try it before finishing my subscription to Tidal.
I dont mind MQA but I found the hi res on Qobus sounds as good if not better, although very hard to tell most of the time.

I'm enjoying using your Zen DAC. I would like it use the 4.4mm balanced output for active monitors, do you know anywhere I can buy a reasonably priced 4.4mm to dual XLR converter?
I'm asking out tech team for you now. Usually, they direct me to Amazon. Hang in there.

BREAKING NEWS! ZEN DAC Wins 'Best DAC £100-£200' in What Hi-Fi? Awards 2020!
renderTimingPixel.png

The WHF? Awards are by far the most commercially important awards in the industry in the UK and beyond. This is the first time that iFi has won a WHF? Award! and it is the perfect follow-up to our 5 star WHF? reviews earlier this year, for the ZEN DAC, ZEN Blue and hip-dac.

Read their 5 star review here.

Screen Shot 2020-10-05 at 12.08.12.png

Light up your audio with iFi this Christmas

Throughout December, we’ll be spreading some Christmas cheer by hosting weekly giveaways to get you all in the festive mood! Watch this space … 🎁 🎄 🌟

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom