Question Perfect settings for the Samsung hw-q90r

Discussion in 'Soundbars, Soundplates & Soundbases' started by San5324, Jun 12, 2019.

1. San5324

San5324
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hey guys,

New to this forum and hope to get some help. I purchased the q90r soundbar and was hoping if u could share your settings.

I tried messing with the settings and even put the rear front + up on 6 but still its not realy loud (did not tested Atmos).

Tnx in advance

2. ShiroEd

ShiroEd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have my Rears at +6 and the Rear Tops at +6 too and I still want more volume. I also find the Surround mode to sound the best to me.

How is your connection with the Sub and Rears? Have you had dropouts or disconnects when you've had the soundbar off all night?

3. San5324

San5324
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3

Thanks for the quick reply. I had some troubles with connecting to arc. It didn't worked so it was by Bluetooth.

I called helpdesk in Holland and they fixed it. I had to factory reset my TV and after that the problem was gone.

Regarding the sub and the rear, today I found out that the rears actually don't work at all. They did worked till yesterday. The same apply with for the sub. The lights are all blue so it should be connected.

I actually have no idea what this is. Any suggestions? I read here that taking off the left rear speaker helped but I refuse to do that everyday.

I also have problems with the smart things app because I get connection lost message the whole time, so I can't check for updates I guess..

4. magree

magree
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    This is exactly the problem myself and others here have reported. I’ve tried two units and both have the same issue. It’s usually fine for short “off” periods but leave it overnight and the subwoofer and rears lose connectivity to the soundbar upon power up despite the solid blue lights indicating otherwise. Unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be a fix at this stage, just workarounds like the one you mentioned (that doesn’t seem to work in every case). Hopefully it’s fixable via a future firmware update but I won’t be holding my breath.

5. magree

magree
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    As to your original question there aren’t any ‘ideal’ one size fits all settings. It’s very much personal preference, your listening environment and content dependent. The rears are tuned to be effect speakers and, as such, wont reach the same volume as the front speakers. Again though, it depends on the source file. A scene in the HBO series Chernobyl with helicopters was incredibly immersive. It wasn’t ATMOS but the height and rear isolation was amazing. I don’t play with the +/- levels too much but for modes I find adaptive works quite well for video content. But music over Bluetooth in adaptive mode the subwoofer can become unruly. For that I prefer normal to avoid any further processing.

6. San5324

San5324
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I can't even update it because the smart things app sucks ass here..

7. San5324

San5324
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3

I was just wondering what settings people were using.. I put the sound of the rears (when they were working lol) at max. The sides higher than the center and top.

8. San5324

San5324
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I just talked with Samsung over the phone and they will take over my setup tomorrow to see what's wrong.. In the worse case if that doesn't work then I will send it for repair. They said that it is not a known problem right now lol I advised the girl to check online..

I'm starting to think I should have bought the Sony one.

9. San5324

San5324
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3

They suddenly work again. I took the sub from the power and after that they all worked. I tried a Dolby digital 7.1 video on YouTube and the rear make a lot of sound now.. I have no idea what happened.