1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Perfect Picture

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by schlafsack, Jan 4, 2003.

1. schlafsack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I have been lurking/reading these forums for a number of weeks now, prior to buying a new TV. The information that I have found has been invaluable, thanks to everybody. However, one thing still concerns me.

What do people look for in the perfect picture? As a new, high quality, modern TV purchaser, what should I expect in a new television and what defects in a picture should I be looking for?

So far I have gathered that picture quality can be affected my pixilation due to problems with the digital processing, geometry problems, and fundamental issues like the Sony band problem.

My question is, when my TV is delivered next week, what should influence me in my decision to return the set and what should make me post here in praise of the manufacturer?

edit: I do not want manufacturer/set specific problems, as other threads more than adequatly cover these issues.