1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Notice: AVForums will be offline at 10pm for no longer than 30 minutes for scheduled maintenance. Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.
    Dismiss Notice

Perfect day?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bev478, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Bev478

Bev478

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Had the day off today. Partner's been off all week. Decided to take the bike for a ride. Haven't been lucky with the weather in the south-west so far this year. Have usually done a reasonable bit of sunbathing by this time of year, but so far nada. When it has been fine it's been windy as hell. Today has been glorious. Took some back roads down to Polzeath (surfing beach) on the north coast of Cornwall. Even with the Royal Cornwall Show being held close to our destination, the roads were remarkably quiet. Parked up at Polzeath & decided to walk round the headland to Daymer Bay & then Rock - just less than 2 miles. Now on the Camel estuary - miles of golden sand (very low tide) & no more than a dozen people sunbathing. More walking, but long way away. Walked up & down the river edge, went for a swim, sunbathed some more. Walked back to bike & decided to drive to the other coast of Cornwall, to Looe, to get some fish & chips. Ten minutes after leaving Polzeath we're surrounded by rolling hills & more shades of green than you can imagine exists. Get to Looe, eat the fish & chips on the seafront & finally headed for home. Absolutely knackered (too much fresh air) but well happy. I love being able to take time off during the week, (especially when the kids are still in school, & it's still quiet) & truly enjoy the beauty & variety of this region. To top it all - didn't meet ONE d***head car driver :eek:

So been out on the bike, got some exercise, sunbathed, swam & finished off at home with a cold beer :smashin: Today is a good day to be alive :clap:

2. mcfarfs

mcfarfs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Sounds great! :thumbsup: :) Weather has been fine down here in the South East as well.

Had a lie in this morning, then spent most of the day sun bathing in the garden listening to my new MP3 player. :cool:

Only downside was I had to go to work at 2pm . :(

3. Bev478

Bev478

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Always a bummer when you have to go to work. I guess getting half a day in the sun is better than nothing. South east always seems to be sunny :mad: Unfortunately we get the rain that comes in from the atlantic - then it fizzles out as it moves across to you :rolleyes: A few weekends ago the SE was basking in sunshine for a weekend & we had blanket cloud coverage :( But considering I am never further than about 30 miles from a beach, in any direction, wherever I travel in the SW - I'll put up with it. If I don't want to go to the beach, I can head for the one of the three moors. Occasionally I consider moving from this area - pay is almost the worst in the country but house prices are very high, mainly 'cos of second house buyers (don't get me started :rotfl: ), but the benefits of the countryside makes it worth staying :)

4. mcfarfs

mcfarfs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Come and move to Kent, its the garden of England! But then there are holes like Maidstone and Tonbridge....(no offence anybody who lives there!).

Seriously, I would love to live somewhere like where you do.

5. Bev478

Bev478

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Ideally I'd like to move your weather to the SW :D Although it wouldn't be much of a 'green & pleasant land' without a drop of the wet stuff :rolleyes:

I must be getting old - at one time I wanted to live anywhere BUT here - now I find it hard to imagine living anywhere else, but I'm always happier when the sun starts shining :)

6. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    You don't know how lucky you are living down there. I lived in South Devon for six years and earned next to nothing. I now live in The Midlands where I earn a considerable amount more but would swap back in an instant for the better quality of life.

7. Solomon Grundy

Solomon Grundy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,488
    tis nice up north too...nothing as beautiful as the sunset over the Vale Of York as viewed from the top of the East Yorkshire Wolds.

8. Dr Diversity

Dr Diversity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can't beat leafy Sussex except for house prices.

9. mason

mason

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +132
    My perfect day was yesterday too.... a round of golf at St Andrews and the weather was fantastic and the course was in superb condition!! Followed ny a few beers!! :thumbsup:

10. Mr Cat

Mr Cat
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    yeah, I live on the edge of weardale, earn almost 30k and I can't really complain....I've been out for walks around stanhope, hamsterly woods and the penines this week after work...can't beat it!