• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Perfect Dark Zero/Nightclub Level Help

aftertaste

First off, I hate this game! Had huge expectations for it, but just don't like it. But I'm trying to get a bit of play out of it before I trade it in. So I thought I'd go through the single player on Perfect Dark difficulty.

Flew through the first level, and now this nightmare on the nightclub!

Am I missing something, or is there not a single checkpoint on the entire level? I must have died 30 times. And it's a long level. Each go takes 10 or 15 minutes to get to the final section in the penthouse, where I die evey time!

If there's no checkpoint, any other adivce would be great!

BananaTiger

Maybe play it on Secret Agent? Haven't tried Perfect Agent but I played it on Agent first to collect all the weapons. Then completed it on Secret Agent, and found it easier because I could tailor my inventory beforehand. If you are in the nightclub level then I suspect you have only the pistol to use.

daKlone

aftertaste said:
First off, I hate this game! Had huge expectations for it, but just don't like it. But I'm trying to get a bit of play out of it before I trade it in. So I thought I'd go through the single player on Perfect Dark difficulty.

Flew through the first level, and now this nightmare on the nightclub!

Am I missing something, or is there not a single checkpoint on the entire level? I must have died 30 times. And it's a long level. Each go takes 10 or 15 minutes to get to the final section in the penthouse, where I die evey time!

If there's no checkpoint, any other adivce would be great!

My advice is...don't bother, it's a rubbish single player game.

BUT before you decide to trade it in, get online and play some multiplayer - it's a real hoot!

kevlar

I hate the fact that the achievements offer so few points for so much work!, I spent quite a few days trying to rack up some achievements/gamerscore points before I get rid of it ( your right, it is crap! ) and still only managed to get 295 out of 1000 points!. Really lost interest now and with ghost recon/farcry coming out it definately won't get played much, if ever.

ye i just play PDZ when im bored of my other games. The best way to get achievements for it is to set up your own 'local' game with a 2nd pad and kill your opponent. Also i got 60 gamer-points for 1000 kills in team kilcount and 1000 explosive kills!!!

To do this in bout an hour, set up a team killcount with 32 players allowed and play against 16 bots. Make sure you customize the weapons and put every weapon as MINES. The bots on AGENT are terrible and about 5 walk onto your mines and they never even attempt to use their mines anyway!!

ThePiousFlea

Play it on Secret Agent, there's a big jump in difficulty when you go to Perfect Agent and in no way does it make the game more fun or challenging - it just makes it much more frustrating and cheap.

kevlar

michaelT1888 said:
ye i just play PDZ when im bored of my other games. The best way to get achievements for it is to set up your own 'local' game with a 2nd pad and kill your opponent. Also i got 60 gamer-points for 1000 kills in team kilcount and 1000 explosive kills!!!

To do this in bout an hour, set up a team killcount with 32 players allowed and play against 16 bots. Make sure you customize the weapons and put every weapon as MINES. The bots on AGENT are terrible and about 5 walk onto your mines and they never even attempt to use their mines anyway!!

That sounds like cheating m8 :) . Have to admit I set up some bot games to get some gamerpoints, like 100 deathmatch kills, 100 sniper kills etc, although I use normal weapons so they had some chance. Some of the achievements are just stupid, like play 1000 games of infected!

kevlar said:
That sounds like cheating m8 :) . Have to admit I set up some bot games to get some gamerpoints, like 100 deathmatch kills, 100 sniper kills etc, although I use normal weapons so they had some chance. Some of the achievements are just stupid, like play 1000 games of infected!

Its not cheating!!! there is no way i play the game enough to get 1000 explosive kills!! so why not just do something that the game allows you to do to get gamerpoints

and if you think some of the PDZ achievements are stupid
then you will find the fact and achievement in Ghost Recon:AW is to be the best player in the world ridiculous!!

BananaTiger

michaelT1888 said:
and if you think some of the PDZ achievements are stupid then you will find the fact and achievement in Ghost Recon:AW is to be the best player in the world ridiculous!!

Same as the Rank 1 in Tiger Woods golf :mad:

Gary D

Distinguished Member
Paint a wall and watch it dry, not only will it be more entertaining but gamespot/ign will give it a 5 star review.

the game is a steaming pile of ****. gotta love the really ropey character movement - Tomb Raider had better character models 10 years ago!

Gary

ye when your spectating, i hinks it is hilarious how the characters walk about, then i remember i paid £50 for it and the smile usually leaves my face swiftly

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom