Pepsi Max taste has changed?

pault2007

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that their cans of Pepsi Max have tasted less fizzier and flatter lately?

I buy the multi-packs and they're well in date and have been stored in a cool place.

Does anyone know why the taste might have changed?

The taste from a bottle is still the same for me.

Last edited:
We only buy the cans, have done for years and I haven't noticed any difference at all.

I had a can today that I bought in the recent Asda offer (30 cans for £7) and it tasted as fizzy as it used to. Now Pepsi Max in the USA tastes different to here. It's far worse over there imo.

I drink a fair bit of Pepsi Max - can't say I have noticed a change in the taste in recent weeks/months. Agree with nabby in that the UK recipe is different from elsewhere so perhaps you brought an imported case?

It's probably like when you get those cans of pop with Arabic writing on them from the takeaway . Taste different.

I've noticed where you store them and how long for has a bearing on their taste. Kept some in my garage for a couple weeks and they had gone flat and tastes horrible :(

I used to drink pepsi years ago as I always found the taste better than coke, but I can't for the life of me find normal Pepsi these days. Is Pepsi Max the normal version now?

Thanks, I've tried what seems like endless varieties, but none of it seems like the old Pepsi. Same goes with coke. Totally different taste these days.

My favorite pepsi was pepsi raw, tasted lovely but expensive. Only sold in US now but I still cant find where to buy/import any from :(

I like Pepsi Max Cherry, tastes so much better than Coca Cola Cherry IMO.

Pepsi max is my favorite drink, I have it everyday. I would say that whenever I taste multipack drinks they tend to taste watered down to me.

It's probably like when you get those cans of pop with Arabic writing on them from the takeaway . Taste different.

It's the hint of terror on the finish that really lifts the complex bouquet of diabeetus

I used to drink pepsi years ago as I always found the taste better than coke, but I can't for the life of me find normal Pepsi these days. Is Pepsi Max the normal version now?

Oh I can't drink normal Pepsi, I'm taking it you mean the sugar one, it's so sweet it's sickly, Pepsi Max is the Bomb ha ha.

All sugar free/diet drinks are vile. No taste whatsoever, better off buying fizzy water.

They have been backing down the sugar content of the standard versions so they will taste different from years ago.
Oh, Pepsi regular has the blue label and cap, or is in the blue tins.

Looked like this when I used to drink it. probably why I can't find it in the shops now.
pepsican3.jpg

... I've tried what seems like endless varieties, but none of it seems like the old Pepsi. Same goes with coke. Totally different taste these days.
Maybe this is the reason SBT :D

But by 1903, the tide of public opinion had turned against the widely used and abused narcotic cocaine, leading the Coca-Cola Company's then-manager, Asa Griggs Candler, to remove nearly all cocaine from the company's beverages. But Coke wouldn't become completely cocaine-free until 1929, when scientists perfected the process of removing all psychoactive elements from coca-leaf extract.

I tend to always drink the Max or Zero drinks - drinking the 'full fat' ones just feels too much like drinking a can of sugar. Usually a cherry variant of the above - although in this week's shop I picked up a pack of Dr Pepper for old time's sake (at great expense compared to the pepsi).

All sugar free/diet drinks are vile. No taste whatsoever, better off buying fizzy water.

Ermm no!

The full sugar one is rank.

Have you tried this stuff or are you just surmising?

I tend to always drink the Max or Zero drinks - drinking the 'full fat' ones just feels too much like drinking a can of sugar. Usually a cherry variant of the above - although in this week's shop I picked up a pack of Dr Pepper for old time's sake (at great expense compared to the pepsi).

That tastes like liquefied Bakewell Tart to me that stuff, I have tried it twice, it came out quicker than it went in ha ha.

That tastes like liquefied Bakewell Tart to me that stuff

I love Bakewell tart :) When we go on holiday in Bakewell, we stay in the flat above the Bakewell tart shop :p

Of course I've tried them. Very watered down and tasteless for my liking.

I have to agree for the most part.
The only one I can vaguely stomach is Coke Zero, it's not too bad at all.
Normal diet coke is, as you say, just fizzy water.

I very rarely drink soft drinks but when i do its full fat. All the sugar free/zero calorie ones are tasteless and have a distinctly artificial flavour which i can't stomach.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom