Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Peoples opinions on a new onebox unit......

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by screemer, May 16, 2005.

1. screemer

screemer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Hi there. I currently have the old Sony DAVS550 on a rental that i want to get shut of. Its costing me a fortune. I am looking for a good one box unit or even seperates for the right price. I am hearing good stuff about the Denon 500. I have a budget of around £600. I want progressive scan and good sound and video obvoiusly and preferably something i can add a speaker too to get 6.1 in future. What everyones opinions? My other choice is the dearer one of seperates. this does appeal more but only if i can get good value for money and i dont think £600 is enough for seperates.Cheers

2. nathanhill69

nathanhill69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    With your budget consider the 500's big brother, the Denon 550. You could buy it on-line AND buy an extra speaker (or two) for 6.1 or 7.1 sound respectively.