people who winge about system requirements

jjgreenwood

Prominent Member
Reaction score
mafia 2 has system requirements of 1 gtx 480 and 1 gtx 260 to run physx

the internet is moaning about this. Why, surely you would moan if the latest software didn't bother to push hardware. One game does and everyone moans.

I get irritated

mafia 2 has system requirements of 1 gtx 480 and 1 gtx 260 to run physx

the internet is moaning about this. Why, surely you would moan if the latest software didn't bother to push hardware. One game does and everyone moans.

I get irritated

What are those requirements? Minimum? Recommended?

Sorry to hear you're irritated, I recommend rubbing some cream into the affected area, 3 times a week until irritation ceases :smashin:

Because they just upgraded and found out they can not maxx all :D, there is allways a Bench game around , anyway i thought it was a 285 for a dedicated Physx card , High settings of course. wish i held on the the 280 now :(

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP (SP2 or later) / Windows Vista / Windows 7
Processor: Pentium D 3Ghz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ (Dual core) or higher
RAM: 1.5 GB
Video Card: nVidia GeForce 8600 / ATI HD2600 Pro or better
Hard Disc Space: 8 GB
Sound Card: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
Peripherals: Keyboard and mouse or Windows compatible gamepad

RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP (SP2 or later) / Windows Vista / Windows 7
Processor: 2.4 GHz Quad Core processor
RAM: 2 GB
Video Card: nVidia GeForce 9800 GTX / ATI Radeon HD 3870 or better
Hard Disc: 10 GB
Sound Card: 100% DirectX 9.0c compliant card
Peripherals: Keyboard and mouse or Windows compatible gamepad

PHSYX/APEX ENHANCEMENTS SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP (SP2 or later) / Windows Vista / Windows 7 Minimum Processor: 2.4 GHz Quad Core processor
Recommended Processor: 2.66 GHz Core i7-920 RAM: 2 GB

Video Cards and resolution: APEX medium settings
Minimum: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 (or better) for Graphics and a dedicated NVIDIA 9800GTX (or better) for PhysX
Recommended: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 (or better)

Video Cards and resolution: APEX High settings
Minimum: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 (or better) and a dedicated NVIDIA 9800GTX (or better) for PhysX
Recommended: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 for Graphics and a dedicated NVIDIA GTX 285 (or better) for PhysX NVIDIA GPU driver: 197.13 or later.
NVIDIA PhysX driver: 10.04.02_9.10.0522. Included and automatically installed with the game.

Sorry to hear you're irritated, I recommend rubbing some cream into the affected area, 3 times a week until irritation ceases :smashin:

lol nvidia cream, ati = anti irritant lol

Because they just upgraded and found out they can not maxx all :D, there is allways a Bench game around , anyway i thought it was a 285 for a dedicated Physx card , High settings of course. wish i held on the the 280 now :(

I stand corrected

Wow, those are some seriously high specs. Must be a properly demanding game.

What's APEX?

i think apex is the thing that makes the clothes move like they are real

Those are crazy specs needed to run this game. It better look awesome. :)

The first one did the same back in the day and it was brilliant. Unless they make a huge mess of this one I think it will blow you away ..

PHSYX/APEX load of hype if you ask me.

Certainly not worth all that extra power it demands, well that's my opinion.

PHSYX/APEX load of hype if you ask me.

Certainly not worth all that extra power it demands, well that's my opinion.

I dare you to say that in the fermi owners thread:D

Looks like i'm going to be needing to upgrade my cpu sooner rather than later going by those specs.

I dare you to say that in the fermi owners thread:D

BYF is probably right though. A 285gtx just for physx is crazy.

It has to be something amazing to command that kind of power and I very much doubt it is. I suppose we will all find out soon enough. :)

I'm chomping to see Mafia II benchmarks of a 480 with say a 9800gtx for physx vs a 480 with a 285. My guess..... no difference whatsoever. I simply do not believe that any physyx engine requires that amount of power.

lets just hope they put a reasonable games together with all the graphics and fancy stuff

For those specs I'd hope it better be like looking out the window :eek:

Don't think I'll be picking up a 2nd card personally for one game ..... unless of course it's really good :devil:

Severely high specs. Makes me wish I had gone for a 480 rather than a 470. Maybe look at SLI in a few months.

Severely high specs. Makes me wish I had gone for a 480 rather than a 470. Maybe look at SLI in a few months.

470 SLI is very fast mate. I say go for it. :devil:

Yep, I am still blown away by just how good scaling is in SLI now.

Yep, I am still blown away by just how good scaling is in SLI now.

Same here mate. my mouth hit the floor when I saw some of the scores I was getting in benchmarks. :eek: :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom