People Only Buy BluRay Because It's Expensive...

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
...and that's the only reason. As soon as HD DVD launches a US$999+ player the war will be over - HD DVD will have won.

BadAss

Banned
I can see the mods will be pulling their hair out tonight!:rotfl:

Bald Monkey

Novice Member
:rotfl: :rotfl:

It seems that Xmas 'cheer' has spread over the forum today. :D

I think you may have had a little to much tho Rasczak as $999 is just for the player, you'll have to add on shipping and Taxes, no self respecting AV enthusiast would pay less than $1,500 for HD-DVD IMO, afterall it would have to be better than the BR offerings, and we all know paying $1500 is better than $999 :rolleyes: No wonder the HD-DVD addon isn't selling......

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
I think you may have had a little to much tho Rasczak as $999 is just for the player, you'll have to add on shipping and Taxes, no self respecting AV enthusiast would pay less than $1,500 for HD-DVD IMO, afterall it would have to be better than the BR offerings, and we all know paying $1500 is better than $999 :rolleyes: No wonder the HD-DVD addon isn't selling......
Indeed. I hope Toshiba realise their mistake and raise the price of the player - otherwise it can't be any good! :lease:

gixxerman

What rot.

You paupers obviously know nothing.

Everyone (in the know) knows that the $9585.99 Hockey-Kocky 2000 upscalling SD DVD player knocks every so-called high def DVD player into the dust!

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom