People, just random people.

Wingless Garuda

I especially like the first photo - her eyes and the serious face despite the face painting.

stevegreen

Radiohead said:
Blimey, looks like a Levellers gig.
:laugh:

Good black and white conversions Pete and I much prefer the more natural look that these shots have over some of the other shots you have posted.

I was trying to sort out drop shadows yesterday but couldn't get them right for some reason. What settings did you use for those, did you do it manually or was it an action command?

Bristol Pete

Novice Member
stevegreen said:
:laugh:

Good black and white conversions Pete and I much prefer the more natural look that these shots have over some of the other shots you have posted.

I was trying to sort out drop shadows yesterday but couldn't get them right for some reason. What settings did you use for those, did you do it manually or was it an action command?
Steve, used Marcia's wide frame action from download central.

TBH, still refining my PP and these do look great. Here a case of less is more as the pictures do the talking but thats not to say others will not get the treatment :D

Thanks for the compliment, it means a lot.

Cheers.

Peter. :smashin:

stevegreen

Ah, yes I can see now. That Marcia's action is great, but it does keep eating into the pictures at the magic wand stage, Example

I must admit that I didn't spot it at first on yours. I usually have to do that then a bit of cloning to get it back to how it should be, far too much trouble really though so was looking how to do it myself yesterday......failed! :laugh:

Bristol Pete

Novice Member
stevegreen said:
Ah, yes I can see now. That Marcia's action is great, but it does keep eating into the pictures at the magic wand stage, Example

I must admit that I didn't spot it at first on yours. I usually have to do that then a bit of cloning to get it back to how it should be, far too much trouble really though so was looking how to do it myself yesterday......failed! :laugh:
Yeah, noticed that to but with this ragtag mob it seems to work. :D

I wonder why it does it though? :confused:

colinholst

Novice Member
Hello fellas,

I'm using Photoshop CS2, not sure what you are using or how this would work in other programs but i've found the easiest way to add a drop shadow to photos is to:

-Open the Image.
-Unlock the 'Background' Layer. (double click on the lock in the layers panel).
-Goto the image menu and canvas size. change the units to pixels and increase width and height by however many pixels you want the white border to be. and click OK. you'll notice a transparent border now around your image.
-Add another layer (ctrl+shft+N) and drag it under the photo and fill (shift F5) it white to be able to see the shadow better.
-select the photo layer and goto layer>layer style>drop shadow menu and set the drop shadow as you want it.
-when you save this down to JPG the transparency will be converted to white and you'll have your drop shadow.

Hope this helps

cheers

Really great pics Pete love your work.

Colin

stevegreen

Thanks for that Colin, I think there are numerous ways of doing it, i'll giove this one a go.

Bristol Pete said:
I wonder why it does it though? :confused:
It's when the magic wand is used to select the area around the picture, sometimes when the colours are the same it eats into the image itself.

Ray

Novice Member
For a drop shadow all you need to do is (in a new layer below the rest) draw a rectangle (no fill, no stroke so it isn't actually seen). Then apply a drop shadow to the layer via layer styles. Takes about 20 seconds.

Great photos Pete. Bit worrying the sort of people you mix with though. Is this typical of the 'yoof' of today ? Or just your normal festival going type crowd ? Some weird ones there I reckon. :D

Ray

swanny78

people, people everywhere and not one of them normal...;)

ush flynn

Novice Member
the girl with the kodak looks hot, id count her in the normal bunch! i like the shots though, i failed to mention that in my last post,l the baby in the hands is almost a classic

Bristol Pete

Novice Member
Rayfin said:
For a drop shadow all you need to do is (in a new layer below the rest) draw a rectangle (no fill, no stroke so it isn't actually seen). Then apply a drop shadow to the layer via layer styles. Takes about 20 seconds.

Great photos Pete. Bit worrying the sort of people you mix with though. Is this typical of the 'yoof' of today ? Or just your normal festival going type crowd ? Some weird ones there I reckon. :D

Ray
Ray, pretty much all festival folk :)