people horrible

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lisa burrell, Dec 24, 2006.

1. lisa burrell

lisa burrell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tell me people. What do you think of that person at work That you think you known for quite some time. That finds you and stops you for five minutes for a good chin wag tells you all there aches there pains. Then even finds you in your Dinner Break joins you. Again chats to you very openly and seems very pleasant. Then Come Christmas That persons night off. Then a Third Person comes up to you with no malice and says of your acquaintance and work colleague. "Do you no that person went at great pains all round and gave everyone a Christmas card. But said there not giving you one" Its Not the fact of not getting a Christmas card of this person that hurts. Its the fact that you have built up a relationship with this person or they have with you over a period of a year or more. Then wam Bam They kick you right in the teeth so to speak. Then knowing this you have to face this person again every night for the next year knowing full well what they said about you .( But they do not know you know) what do you say? Nothing! & get on with your life. This must not be fobbed of because you see more and spend more time with these people than you do your wife husband or family.
    Do not say Did you give them a Christmas card. Its nothing to do with me its just something that's happen to a very dear friend. I think people are horrible don't you? Especialy this time of year of good will to all .

2. krish

krish
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Astral Crescent, Zoovroozlechester, Betelgeuse V
    Ratings:
    +16,721
    Relax, have a sherry and mince pie Lisa :D
    :arty:

3. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,241
    Kill them ! Chop their arms and legs off then set fire to the bloody screaming torso you have made of them!

Then take their skull and wear it constantly on your person as a symbol of your victory. Paint it with mystical symbols to render you impervious to the embattlements of your enemies.

Use their liver as a handbag for your makeup and stuff.

Anything else is just letting them take the mickey.

4. Philly112

Philly112

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,844
    Lisa

Well, the third person should really have said nothing - I would say that they are a bit at fault here, as what are they gaining other than to spread a bit of misery and conflict in other peoples lives?
    Happy XMas matey - keep up with the guitar playing and remember me when you're on Jools' 2007 or 2008 Hogamananananany or whatever it is! Remember - I have first call on your autograph so I can sell it to fund my retirement in 15 years!

Phil

5. Steve.EX

Steve.EX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Lisa.
    Happy Xmas to you.

Honestly (and i really do mean without being condescending) don't worry about it.
    If the biggest upset in your world is 'what someone at work might or might not of said' then i will change shoes with you every day of the week.
    Life's too short.

Steven

6. Steve N

Steve N
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,382
    It's the human condition I'm afraid.
    All you can do is treat people how you would like to be treated and hope for the best.
    Someone once said: If you can count your true friends on the fingers of one hand, you are a very lucky person.

7. Holowlegs

Holowlegs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,015
    Hi there

My dad once said too me years ago, you will have load off mates but only a few true friends.

Lisa I wouldn't let this get to you at all. I have to work with a few people I don't get on with, some are 40 year old grow men, and sometimes its like being back at school the way they carry on. The way I deal with it is to take no notice and just carry on with my job.

Cheers Holo:smashin: :smashin:

8. WhyAyeMan

WhyAyeMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +294
    Is it just me, or does the xmas period seem to bring out the cretins out from the woodwork? For some reason, there always seem to be more people with short fuses, causing trouble, and part time drinkers who go out only one month of the year and who cant handle drink and are stuck up their own backsides.

I like xmas, but its clear some people need to be put down like a dog.

9. Pat_C

Pat_C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +219
    No malice? I'd say that is about as malicious as it gets. Even is it was true, what possible reason could there be for them wanting you to know? I treat people like that with the contempt that they deserve, and would advise you to do the same. And you should spend as much time worrying about them as you believe they are worthy of - which is hopefully very little.

10. gosties

gosties

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    I would not let it bother you. Some people will like you and some people won't. I suppose it's not that nice to be missed out when cards are handed out. The third person you are talking about should take a hike. They seem to be breaking their neck to tell you that you have been missed out.

Don't let it get you down, spare your thoughts for your real friends.

Have a nice Xmas.

11. Steve.J.Davies

Steve.J.Davies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    Lisa,
    Tthis person has, by her actions, shown everyone else in the office just what kind of person she is. She is the loser in this.
    Life is too short to worry about the dorks - especially the nasty ones.
    Turn the other cheek, you will win with your workmates and it will be a victory over this person as well.
    Have a good Christmas.

Steve

12. la gran siete

la gran siete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,984
    Yeeeah remember women can be hellishly manipulative and tell you a pack of lies just to make you feel bad. Just take it with a pinch of salt. Have a good Christmas with those that REALLY matter.

13. Alan_W

Alan_W

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +188
    Be true to yourself. Let other people decide who they like/don't like.

Just enjoy your friendships and enjoy your life.

Merry Xmas