People Asking For Money In The Street

signs

Ex Member
Reaction score
I had just parked up in the center of Birmingham with my lad and his cousin when this bloke came over and told us how he had broken down on the tyburn road, then he emptied his pockets to reveal he had a phone and and a lighter and that was it, and could i give him £4
I told him I had no cash on me . We walked 50 yards to the McDonalds got in the line to order some food when another Guy (carrying a can of Tennents )asked for 97p

What is it with people ??? :mad:

why is it that homeless people drink tennents?

As long as there are fools willing to give them money, it will continue.:mad:
We have a woman in Aberdeen, she gets called 'one note woman'
I have attached a youtube link below.
I really don't mind talented buskers, but this woman is hopelessly bad.
Giving her money is just encouraging her to be terrible.
Speaking to a guy in one shop near where she 'busks', he said they've had staff leave because of her.

Tell them to get a job.
Or in a lot of cases,tell them to scrounge in their own country ;)

Speaking to a guy in one shop near where she 'busks', he said they've had staff leave because of her.

Awesome busking outside St Nicholas Centre - Guitar Wifee Aberdeen - YouTube

She'll have a full band come January ;)

I'd never give beggars money, would buy them food though.

My aunt gave a homeless guy a sandwich once. He was very grateful and ate half, then gave the other half to his little dog. She was so touched she went and bought him another sandwich.

Coming out of a shop in Miami a few years back there was a homeless guy asking for change to buy food. You never know when that's genuine or when they're looking for beer/drug money, so my friend and I took him back into the shop and bought him a huge sub/sandwich and a coffee.

Poor guy was in floods of tears at someone actually showing him compassion and we stood talking to him for a while. Needless to say not every bum on the street is there because they're lazy or a scrounger.

I used to work with this fat lass who read about someone selling the big issue and being on the streets for 15+ hours a day, 7 days a week, they'd ended up making a fair wad of cash but she was papping on about those lazy so and so's not earning their keep.

I didn't have the heart to point out the flaw in her argument.

That's correct,most are drunks or druggies ;)

Maybe true.

There's a guy who lives rough around here, alcoholic, permanently sozzled and either sleeps on the street or gets into one of the shelters depending how much booze he's had.

Used to be a solicitor until his wife and daughter were killed in a car crash. He couldn't cope, sank into depression, quit his job, isolated himself. Started drinking and became and alcoholic and the rest is history.

But hey, just another alcoholic scrounger.

Maybe true.

There's a guy who lives rough around here, alcoholic, permanently sozzled and either sleeps on the street or gets into one of the shelters depending how much booze he's had.

Used to be a solicitor until his wife and daughter were killed in a car crash. He couldn't cope, sank into depression, quit his job, isolated himself. Started drinking and became and alcoholic and the rest is history.

But hey, just another alcoholic scrounger.

There's a lot of people worse of than him.
But thankfully not everyone with a tragedy in their lives,turn to drink or drugs.

You really are a miserable git aren't you?

Not everyone turns to alcohol after a tragedy, but who knows how each individual will react or try to cope in the face of such life shattering issues.

There are plenty of scroungers out there, I just try to recognise that there are plenty of genuinely sad cases too.

You really are a miserable git aren't you?

Not everyone turns to alcohol after a tragedy, but who knows how each individual will react or try to cope in the face of such life shattering issues.

There are plenty of scroungers out there, I just try to recognise that there are plenty of genuinely sad cases too.

Yes,but also have no sympathy for the week minded.

Life can be tough.Just get on with it I say.

There's plenty of help out there.

No British person has to be homeless.

But hey, whatever helps you to ignore the less fortunate, right?

Hmmmm, I quite like it. Its got potential. I think in about 70 years she'll have a fair old tune out of it...

Still better than The Cheeky Girls and from the same country by the looks of him.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom