• Apologies for the inconvenience, but AVForums will be offline from 6am Thursday 21st January 2021 for a few hours while we perform a major update to our core software. See what changes are coming.

Pentax Optio M20 questions

siw

Standard Member
I've just bought, this morning, a Pentax Optio M20 and have been using it today to learn the various features but have a few questions that are not answered in the manual.

1. I've taken 6 photos, stored them on a 1GB SD card, then deleted them. I then took somemore and noticed that these photos are number 007 onwards. How can I get the newer ones to be numbered from 001 onwards?

2. Although I've used the 2 AA batteries that were packaged with the camera they are already displaying 1 yellow bar on the Battery Level Indicator. But now the camera wont take anymore photos. Is this supposed to happen? I would have thought that the camera stops taking photos when the Indicator is red with zero bars.

The Battery Level Indicator from the manual is:

3 Green Bars. Adequate power remains.
2 Green Bars. Batteries are running low.
1 Yellow Bar. Batteries are running very low.
0 Red Bars. Batteries are exhausted.
[Battery depleted]. The camera will turn off after this message appears.

Thanks.

Radiohead

1. I've taken 6 photos, stored them on a 1GB SD card, then deleted them. I then took somemore and noticed that these photos are number 007 onwards. How can I get the newer ones to be numbered from 001 onwards?
Why would you want to? It means that you'll end up with lots of images with the same filename and risk overwriting. It'll have a reset function somewhere but it seems pointless to do this.

2. Although I've used the 2 AA batteries that were packaged with the camera they are already displaying 1 yellow bar on the Battery Level Indicator. But now the camera wont take anymore photos. Is this supposed to happen? I would have thought that the camera stops taking photos when the Indicator is red with zero bars.

The Battery Level Indicator from the manual is:

3 Green Bars. Adequate power remains.
2 Green Bars. Batteries are running low.
1 Yellow Bar. Batteries are running very low.
0 Red Bars. Batteries are exhausted.
[Battery depleted]. The camera will turn off after this message appears.

Thanks.
Probably something to do with the LCD drawing too much power to fire a shot. It's also the final step before total exhaustion so sounds sensible.

Buy some rechargables.

:)

clockworks

Novice Member
My Pentax was supplied with a set of Panasonic alkaline AAs, which the manual states are for "testing" purposes only. They should be replaced with decent Nimh rechargeables. I got 2 sets (eight batteries) of 2700maH from eBay for £20 including p&p.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom