1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pentax Optio 300GS

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by Indie57, Apr 14, 2003.

1. Indie57

Indie57

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there

I'm new to the AV Forums and suprise, suprise - I have a quesiton! ;)

I have just purchased a Optio 330 GS, which I'm very happy with! However, I'm trying determine the best method regarding batteries.

As it is very new it currently running off the lithium battery that was supplied with the camera, which I understand is not rechargeable.

I would ideally like to purchase a rechargeable lithium battery but couldn't see this as an accessory for the camera. I thought lithium might be better than normal AA as I tried them and they lasted less than half an hour!

Basically although I can see it as an official accessory is there a lithium battery (maybe the same one at the 300RS? ) that I could use.

I'm basically looking for the best option in terms of battery life I guess.

Cheers!

2. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Lytham St Annes, where people are put out to grass
    Ratings:
    +2
    Rechargeable Lithium batteries AA are not available as far as know. But Nickel metal hydride ones are. Maplins sell these in packs of 12 for £15 (1900mAh) so with a charger you will be set up for a while.

What makes the difference in rechargeable batteries is mAh (milliamp hours). The higher the better.

3. RobertP

RobertP
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Get some NiMh (nickel metal hydryde) rechargeable AA's - they will way outlast ordinary alkalines.
    see the link to 7dayshop in my post to the 'sticky' advice thread above. 2000mAh type last ages (nearly a week!) on my new Olympus camera.

edit. 2 replies at the same time! At least we agree!

4. Indie57

Indie57

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Terrific, thanks guys I appreciate your advice :smashin: