Pensioners Savings Put To Good Use

I had to read this twice. Surely the supermarkets are no different to the banks or energy firms, all are oligopolies.
For the last 10 or so years the supermarkets reduce prices in Q4 and increase them in Q1 or Q2. You forget that inflation has been drive up by the products bought in the supermarkets. Supermarkets have been making profits, but just because the common press does not complain (unless they are squeezing milk farmers too hard), no one seems to notice.

I don't believe they are the same. You at least get the impression with Supermarkets that they at least have a go at trying to outsell each other. Banks and Energy companies have for me come to a comfortable understanding not to out do each other.

All we'll end up with if it carries on this way is more and more people dependant on the state for their income and I'm not just talking about those without work.

I don't believe they are the same. You at least get the impression with Supermarkets that they at least have a go at trying to outsell each other. Banks and Energy companies have for me come to a comfortable understanding not to out do each other.

All we'll end up with if it carries on this way is more and more people dependant on the state for their income and I'm not just talking about those without work.
maybe, not sure why do don't think that all 3 industries operate in a similar, all 3 are concentrated with their big players. All 3 have companies at times that say they are better than their competitors, or that they have better prices.

At the end of the day the price of fish is the price of fish. Same with units of energy or units of finance. They are all comodities.

Don't you remember when car manufacturers could control which dealerships were selling which cars to ensure prices could be maintained?

Don't you remember when car manufacturers could control which dealerships were selling which cars to ensure prices could be maintained?

I can take it or leave it though as to whether I buy a new car, same with food, I can have a cheap week, find a few good offers and have a cheap food week. Sat in my sleeping bag typing this, I guess I could set light to a few things in the living room to generate a bit of heat :) no I think not, I'll just have to pay the 20% hike or stay cold :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom