Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Pens

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by PHOBIC ®, Oct 19, 2004.

1. PHOBIC ®

PHOBIC ®

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Yowser gurus !
    As i'm a complete greenhorn / novice / beginner / muppet technophobic ( hence the name ) i'm starting off with a simple question.

I'm about to receive my first ever HDD DVD recorder ( Tosh XS32 ) and i was looking at Blank media over the BlankDisc shop, as recommended on this fine site, and i noticed " CD marker pens "
    Are these special ? Better to use than ordinary felt tip, or just a scam that people like me buy ?

Thank you :smashin:

2. Neville Street

Neville Street

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I found that a lot of ordinary pens wouldn't write on CD's/DVD's so I splashed out on a pack of the same ones they are selling (I bought them in PC World). Whilst they have not changed my life, they do what they claim to, i.e. write on CD's/DVD's!! :)

The Tosh is an excellent purchase! I have had mine a few months and found it easy to get started with and I find more that I can do with it (in terms of flexibility) each day.

Enjoy, NS

3. PHOBIC ®

PHOBIC ®

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks hugely Nev - very quick reply too :smashin:

They're only .99p for 4 so what the heck eh ..?

I may be asking you questions from time to time about the Tosh - tho i have been thru the threads to see what others have asked and whats been posted to try and save on you peeps form having to repeat the answers to our novice dumb questions.

Watch this space ;)

4. Neville Street

Neville Street

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    No problem, I have learnt most of my tips and tricks either from here or by trial and error. The manual is a last resort :)

5. PHOBIC ®

PHOBIC ®

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Seen everyone say the same thing about the manual. And the review backs this up - uneccessarily complicated.

Much better to ask here i reckon