• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Penny Dreadful - Season 3 (Showtime)

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Showtime has debuted the first official photo from the upcoming third season, currently shooting nine episodes in Dublin, Ireland. Due to air in 2016.

Featuring Vanessa Ives (Eva Green) and Dr. Seward (Patti LuPone)

pds3feature.jpg

New and returning cast include;
Tony Award winner LuPone (“American Horror Story”), who guest starred last season as the Cut-Wife, returns as a series regular in the new role of Dr. Seward, an American therapist who treats Vanessa with an unconventional new approach. Wes Studi (“Hell On Wheels,” A Million Ways to Die in the West) is a new series regular starring as Kaetenay, an intense, enigmatic Native American with a deep connection to Ethan (Josh Hartnett) who also becomes an ally to Sir Malcolm (Timothy Dalton). Guest stars Sarah Greene (Hecate) and Simon Russell Beale (Ferdinand Lyle) return, along with new guest stars Shazad Latif (The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel) as Dr. Henry Jekyll; Screen Actors Guild Award nominee Christian Camargo (“Dexter”, The Hurt Locker) as zoologist Dr. Alexander Sweet; Sam Barnett (2012, Jupiter Ascending) as Dr. Seward’s mysterious young secretary; Jessica Barden (“Far from the Madding Crowd”) as Justine, a young acolyte to Lily (Billie Piper) and Dorian Gray (Reeve Carney); and Perdita Weeks (“The Tudors”), as Catriona Hartdegan, a scholar with expert knowledge of the supernatural. Rory Kinnear (as The Creature) and Harry Treadaway (as Dr. Frankenstein) also star.

micyboy

Novice Member
I had just completed my first season... and its good... starting with my second season... lets hope for the best in season 3

TayWax

Distinguished Member
Yep, agree. Took me a while to get round to watching it but it's excellent and Eva Green is brilliant

QuestShield

Distinguished Member
Has anyone watched the film Crimson Peak? Jessica Chastain is a ringer for Eva Green in Penny Dreadful in it.

richp007

Distinguished Member
Can't wait for this. Possibly looking forward to it more than Game of Thrones I think.

Looks very dark as well from what I have seen previewed so far.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom