Penny Dreadful Season 2 canceled after season 3

Penny Dreadful: Comic Con 2014 live blog

Comic-Con: ‘Penny Dreadful’ Season 2 Villain Will Be a Familiar Face - A Summary
“The cosmology, the theology of the show gets much larger [in season two] — they’re thrown into a much more threatening supernatural world,” Logan teased, admitting that the focus of season one was to “build a family and bring them together — the joy of writing the second season is building on those relationships in different patterns.”

Last edited:
Last edited:
'Penny Dreadful' Season 2: Freshman Showtime Drama A Contender At People's Choice Awards, Could Bring Eva Green To New Heights
Green (Vanessa Ives) is one of the 15 actresses listed for potential nomination under Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV actress for the upcoming People's Choice Awards. Other actresses in the category include Emilia Clarke for HBO's Game of Thrones, Nina Dobrev for The CW's The Vampire Diaries and Lena Headey for Game of Thrones

Penny Dreadful is also a contender for Favorite Cable Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Show, which is no small feat given its more seasoned competition. AMC's The Walking Dead and the ever-popular Game of Thrones will also be competing in this category

Voting for the 2015 People's Choice Award winners will begin on Nov. 4

'Penny Dreadful' Season 2 Spoilers: Werewolf Drama Coming With Night Shoots, Ethan Chandler's Origin Revealed In Flashback Episode

'Penny Dreadful' Season 2 News: Eva Green Talks Being Daughter Of Famous Actress & Whether She'll Ever Direct Showtime Drama
When asked directly whether or not she would ever consider getting behind the camera for film or photography, Green bypassed the question of film and launched into her love of surrealist photography and how it is certainly something she'd be interest in pursuing.

With the question of going behind the scenes for film still hanging, there's no telling whether the star will someday decide to direct an episode of her popular Victorian supernatural drama

Last edited:
'Penny Dreadful' Season 2 Spoilers: Sir Malcolm's Return & Why A Move To The Coast Could Mean Big Changes
With the first two episodes for the second season of Penny Dreadful completed, the Showtime series dug into some all new material this week

It's possible the new season could take place in part on the water, or at least return to the coast as it did during Vanessa's flashback episode. A return to Vanessa's old home could be significant, particularly because of the history between Sir Malcolm's family and her own

Penny Dreadful's Eva Green Dishes on Vanessa and Ethan's "Beautiful Relationship" in Season 2
When Showtime's horror series returns for season two, Vanessa is going to have to make a choice about her demons: exorcise them or learn to live with them for good

Green also revealed that in season two of Penny Dreadful, the relationship between Ethan (Josh Hartnett) and Vanessa "is going to be very much explored."
"They're going to get closer," Green said. "It's a very beautiful relationship."

Last edited:
Currently in production in Dublin, today revealed the first photo from the second season.

image.jpg

second season's synopsis
"This season, Vanessa and Ethan form a deeper bond as the group, including Sir Malcolm (Timothy Dalton), Dr. Frankenstein (Harry Treadaway), and Sembene (Danny Sapani), unite to banish the evil forces that threaten to destroy them. Meanwhile, Dorian Gray (Reeve Carney), the Creature (Rory Kinnear) and Brona (Billie Piper) are all waging battles of their own. Patti LuPone will guest star as a mysterious character of great importance in Vanessa’s past. Helen McCrory returns as Evelyn Poole (a.k.a. Madame Kali), the seductive spiritualist who will pose a unique threat to our protagonists this season, along with Simon Russell Beale, who is back as eccentric Egyptologist Ferdinand Lyle. Additional guest stars include Douglas Hodge as a Scotland Yard investigator; Sarah Greene as Poole’s powerful daughter, Hecate; and Johnny Beauchamp as a man with a singular past."

'Penny Dreadful' Season 2 Spoilers: Dorian Gray & Ethan Chandler's Makeout Session Hinting At New Storyline?

Last edited:
My friend who I expected to love this show as he loves the genre finally bought it on DVD. He thought the Dracula TV show which was on recently was far superior!

7 Things You Need to Know Before April
6) This is the "make or break" season for "Penny Dreadful."

Logan talked about how difficult it was for him to find the right tone for his show in the first season. "I was immensely proud of the first season," Logan said. "It was a very, very challenging target to hit, which is a horror show that will break your heart. I believe that's what we accomplished. I think there's more pressure, more tension this season. Last year, our heroes were hunters, and this season they are the prey."

Just give Eva green a few more of those episode stealing scenes and it'll be a winner

Just started the first episode. I don't normally enjoy period stuff, but I'm up for this. Eva is lovely but can't believe Timothy Dalton is now 70 years old! Always a great classically trained actor..

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom