• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Peeking at the pier

Marika

Prominent Member
This is Llandudno pier from the Great Orme. In-camera tilt shift function, that only works on lower image quality, so no pixel peeping. Super minimal editing in LR. I thought I'll get this out of the way, so the rest of you can come out with your awesome photos! :)

Llandudno pier by Marika's World, on Flickr

snerkler

Distinguished Member
Yep, very nice. Nicely composed and the miniature effect works well for this. No issue with image quality either ;)

shotokan101

Banned
Nice - works for me despite not being a Fan of the effect... :)

rancidpunk

In Memoriam
I've been eyeing up the lensbaby setup for this style, making me think I should take the plunge now! Really lovely and the miniature effect adds to that too

shotokan101

Banned
There's an online site that will convert images to this style...

snerkler

Distinguished Member
Don't all digital cameras have this effect nowadays? Only drawback is that it's jpeg only.

Marika

Prominent Member
Don't all digital cameras have this effect nowadays? Only drawback is that it's jpeg only.

I think a lot of them do, yes. But the image quality is even worse than jpeg. It's just a bit of fun, although can be quite beautiful.

snerkler

Distinguished Member
I think a lot of them do, yes. But the image quality is even worse than jpeg. It's just a bit of fun, although can be quite beautiful.
Image quality on mine's OK tbh, and I don't think yours is bad either. Sure you're not going to post them to billboard size, but for normal monitors they're fine imo.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom