1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pedastal stand for Panny TH37PW7

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Light_User, Feb 28, 2005.

1. Light_User

Light_User

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    :lease: I am buying a Panasonic TH37PW7, but I am confused as to which pedastal stand I need. I have seen a website which quoted the TYST42PA20 as being suitable, but when I went to do a price comparison, different websites have different pics !! Also, there is a very similiarly named stand - the TYST42PX20. Can I use either stand, or something different and what do they really look like ? Can anyone help ?

Cheers,

ps. I noticed some of your threads are quoting prices - digital-point.co.uk are doing this panel + scart board + delivery @ £1059.99 inc vat. They also offer 9 months interest free. Doesn't seem too bad to me.

2. rickyt

rickyt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    I bought a bare bones th37pwt at the beginning of the year without boards/stand etc and then had to search around for all these extras. There were lots on offer at all sorts of prices, Sony did a complete unit stand for over £3000.00 [not sure if that would have fit mine in any case]. Anyway , I went for the RS model for £149.00 [just a tad cheaper than Sony !] and it looks alright.

3. jabowen

jabowen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Lightuser

TYST42PA20 is definately the one you want - have mine set up on it and am quite pleased. It's a bit more industrial looking than the slimline non-Panasonic one AVSales do, but I actually prefer it.

As far as I know PX20 does NOT fit the PW7 - but I stand to be corrected if someone knows better.

Search my other threads and you'll find a link to an ebay seller who sells the PA20 stand cheap as chips - $30 & shipping (which is expensive cos they are blinking heavy). STill mine came in under £80 all in - think a few others used them on the back of my link (ultimateleasing is there username I think).

Good luck!

4. Light_User

Light_User

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Thanks for your comments chaps. I'm not sure though that, "it looks a bit industrial" is going to pass muster with the missus !! - I think I'd best check out the RS and AV sales ones as well, even though they work out at double the price......

Get it wrong and I may as well :suicide: lol