Peavy PV10

GuitarGuy

Prominent Member
Reaction score
considering getting one of these but my question is, will it output seperate channels over the usb or will all the audio in and out all go through 1 single channel?

Just had look for you and it seems that the USB will only send a stereo mix of the channels and not allow you to record individual channels simultaneously. Unfortunately it seems like the budget has to be considerably higher for one that allows you to record individual channels.

duncfunk said:
Just had look for you and it seems that the USB will only send a stereo mix of the channels and not allow you to record individual channels simultaneously. Unfortunately it seems like the budget has to be considerably higher for one that allows you to record individual channels.

What kind of level are we talking? I really need the functionality.

These are the cheapest I could find
Tascam M-164UF | DV247

Alesis MULTIMIX 16 USB Mixer | DV247

Aside from that your only other option is to pair a desk with direct track outs to a soundcard with 8 inputs. The all in one is a lot easier though if the hardware mixer is a must.

If you have firewire and money and really want to go for it then this would be a great option
Mackie ONYX 1620I | DV247

How many mic channels do you need by the way? The Tascam has 6, Alesis 8, Mackie 8 or there's a cheaper version with 4.

4 would be plenty.

Then it's a straight choice between the Tascam, Alesis and smaller Onyx
Mackie ONYX 1220I | DV247

Obviously the Tascam is cheapest by a long way but the Mackie would be a big step up in quality from the other two. Down to that old chestnut of price vs quality.

Fwiw, I have an alesis multimix and its pretty good for home use.
Bit wary of mackie products - nicely built generally but imo don't sound particularly good.
At the end of the day, pick whichever has the features you most want... At this price point I doubt they'd be miles apart.
Also, the alesis multimix can be found online as b stock quite often, which brings it down further. Also, they do a firewire model which will do multichannel input.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom