Pearl tuning - better contrast/colour

Avi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Avi,

I saw that too, and although the filter looks like an fl-day, they say it isn't. It looks like they may be selling them so if you have Coolrfacts or some other means of calibrating to D65 you could buy the filter and have similar results.

Interesting that the RGBs aren't close to maximum for highest lumen output in the Pearl, but that's how they get the extra contrast and lumens. Normally using a filter gives you more contrast but at the expense of lumens, so this is a win/win situation by the looks of it.

I'm assuming that 'adaptive screen' is adaptive iris?

Gary

Hi Avi,

I saw that too, and although the filter looks like an fl-day, they say it isn't. It looks like they may be selling them so if you have Coolrfacts or some other means of calibrating to D65 you could buy the filter and have similar results.

Interesting that the RGBs aren't close to maximum for highest lumen output in the Pearl, but that's how they get the extra contrast and lumens. Normally using a filter gives you more contrast but at the expense of lumens, so this is a win/win situation by the looks of it.

I'm assuming that 'adaptive screen' is adaptive iris?

Gary

I think they do mean "iris". It will be interesting to see if any of our resident calibrators/dealers offer this as C4H are looking for partners outside Germany. If they do I'm interested.:hiya:

AVI

If I could get the filters, I could probably do it. :)

I've used filters and calibrated my current and last projector with Colorfacts and got good results with higher contrast on both occasions. The only difference here is needing to know the service menu code.

I'd like to be able to compare it to a standard Hoya FL-Day and see how it alters the RGBs in comparison.

Gary

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom