Pearl Harbor, Which Version to Get?

Indiana Jones

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
I never realised there were so many different versions of Pearl Harbor available so I thought I would ask here which the majority of people think is the best to get...

Region 1 60th Anniversary Edition (2 Discs)
Region 1 60th Anniversary Gift Set (3 Discs)
Region 1 Directors Cut (4 Discs)
Region 4 Directors Cut (3 Discs)

There might be other versions available that I dont know about but if you have an opinion on which is the best release please post here as I would like the version with the most extras but would ideally like the film on a single disc and not spread over two.

I got the 60th anniversary 2 Disc set... not sure if the other extra's on other discs are worth it but it's pretty packed as it is.

I have the region 1 directors cut, a good disk, the film is a bit more violent and has stacks of extras and a nice box with postcards and other stuff - better than the r2 version of the ditrectors cut.

Return of Bruno said:
I have the region 1 directors cut, a good disk, the film is a bit more violent and has stacks of extras and a nice box with postcards and other stuff - better than the r2 version of the ditrectors cut.

DITTO the region 1 vista series directors cut ...

And if you're into nice packaging this version looks fantastic. :D

get the R1 4 x disc Directors cut as it has a fantastic Dolby Headphone track.

i took mine outside and shot with my friends new air rifle, it was a stain on my collection and needed to die. we had a disk each, the loser bought the drinks down the pub. :D But lets be honest when you've shot holes in Pearl Harbour there are no losers :D

Gary

Get the version which is good - the 2011 remake (probably).

Sh*te!!! cough cough.

Garyd said:
But lets be honest when you've shot holes in Pearl Harbour there are no losers :D

Gary

Tell that to the Japanese! :D

Get the region 1 directors cut 4 disc version, amazing picture and sound quality and a damn fine movie :)

As for the trolls who come to these threads with the intent to knock a movie but add nothing of value, might i suggest the moderators remove their comments.

Ohhh and before you start i do have a sense of humour but why come to a thread asking for the best version of a film and just basically rip into said film, we don't all like the same things and i'm sure u have several films in your collection i would love to rip into but i wouldn't do it in a thread such as this.

FoxyMulder said:
Get the region 1 directors cut 4 disc version, amazing picture and sound quality and a damn fine movie :)

As for the trolls who come to these threads with the intent to knock a movie but add nothing of value, might i suggest the moderators remove their comments.

Ohhh and before you start i do have a sense of humour but why come to a thread asking for the best version of a film and just basically rip into said film, we don't all like the same things and i'm sure u have several films in your collection i would love to rip into but i wouldn't do it in a thread such as this.

I enjoyed it too:)

Smurfin said:
I enjoyed it too:)
And me :)

Only thing with the R1 Director's Cut is the packaging... nice to look at, but a pain when you want to take a DVD out from the silly little cardboard sleeve :rolleyes:

Hey - maybe the guys that like Pearl Harbor should become reviewers :D

FoxyMulder said:

Damn, I need to add something?
Now let me see ....

The reason we get sh*te like Van Helsing is purely down to the fact that the mongos, er... the movie-going public cannot see that Pearl Harbour sucks rotten fish on a warm day.

People have different tastes in films, I know alot of people who really liked Van Helsing, just because you and other people think it was the worst movie ever made doesnt change the fact that there are people out there who like it, same applies to this film and every other film ever made, if you dont like the film dont see it and dont buy it, simple as that.

Wolvreen said:
Damn, I need to add something?
Now let me see ....

The reason we get sh*te like Van Helsing is purely down to the fact that the mongos, er... the movie-going public cannot see that Pearl Harbour sucks rotten fish on a warm day.

And the reason why some, perhaps otherwise sensible people, take short enforced vacations from the forums is because of silly remarks like this.

Please keep comments on topic from now on. :)

Sigismund said:
Hey - maybe the guys that like Pearl Harbor should become reviewers :D

Sig, i think you have enough questionable reviewers as it is. :D (Shattered Glass = 9 :rolleyes: )

oh and Games Guru, your comment very funny :rotfl:

Gary

I recieved the DVD yesterday and was just wondering if anyone who already has it can explain to me how to get to the 4 discs without ripping the set apart as I tried to remove the sticker but it just tore the card and I dont want to have another go at it before I have heard from other people how they got into it.

Also, the picture of the set on Amazon.com doesnt really look alot like the actually DVD, have I got a different version or is the pic on Amazon.com not the final packaging art?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom