Peaky Blinders (BBC Two)

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
1920's gang drama created by Steven Knight (Dirty Pretty Things, Eastern Promises, Amazing Grace).

Cillian Murphy (The Dark Knight Rises) will play Tommy in the new six-part BBC Two drama, which tellls the story of a gangster family in post-war Birmingham.

‘Peaky Blinders’ - the gang named for their practise of sewing razor blades into the peaks of their caps, who make their money from off track betting, protection and robbery.

Set in 1919 Birmingham, Tommy (Murphy), is the most ruthless brother of them all in an epic gangster family saga in the lawless slum neighborhoods of post-war Birmingham. Returning soldiers, newly-minted revolutionaries and criminal gangs all fight for survival in an industrial landscape gripped by economic upheaval. Tommy’s leadership is about to be put to the test. A ruthless new police chief arrives in town from Belfast to clean up the city and, perhaps more lethally, a beautiful woman arrives in the neighborhood with a mysterious past and a dangerous secret.

Directed by Otto Bathurst (Five Days, Criminal Justice, Margot) and produced by Katie Swinden (Luther, Spooks).

Written by Steven Knight, David Leland (Wish You were Here, Band of Brothers, Mona Lisa), Stephen Russell (Hattie, Shameless) and Toby Finlay (Ripper Street, The Picture of Dorian Gray).

Peaky Blinders has started shooting in Birmingham, Leeds and Liverpool

Cillian Murphy (Inception), Sam Neill (Jurassic Park), Helen McCrory (Harry Potter), Annabelle Wallis (The Tudors), Iddo Goldberg (Secret Diary Of A Call Girl), Charlie Creed-Miles (Wild Bill).

Controller BBC Drama Commissioning, Ben Stephenson;
"Building on BBC Two's reputation for world-class drama, Peaky Blinders is a phenomenally authored drama series shedding light on a piece of hidden British history. Authentic, bloody and utterly compelling, Peaky Blinders welcomes Steven Knight and Otto Bathurst to BBC Two and adds another boldly crafted drama to our roster of upcoming shows."

334356.jpg

I really enjoyed that once I got past the variety of fairly weak accents. I thought they did a great job with the sets of which it was nice to see bits of the Black Country Living Museum being used and knowing I've been there. Doesn't appear to be anything special in terms of plot that we haven't seen before but that's no bad thing. I did think in places the soundtrack was a bit out of sorts with some scenes and a little overpowering in the mix.

Some of them do seem to struggle with the brummie accent. Should be pretty watchable stuff though, I've series linked.

Enjoyed it too, looks and sounds nice, Sam Neil and Cillian did a good job followed by the secondary characters, shame they never put their blinder caps to use

Nice twist with baldie at the end, and having the undercover cop

I enjoyed this too. some nice twists in it but the same as Rai, I really wanted to see the caps used!

Really enjoyed that. Loved the look of it. The use of modern music at the beginning was a bit jarring though (however much I love 'Red Right Hand').

Worst show title ever though. :laugh:

must have missed this....anyone know when its repeated?

Really enjoyed that. Loved the look of it. The use of modern music at the beginning was a bit jarring though (however much I love 'Red Right Hand').

I was beginning to think I was the only one who had a problem with the music. I'll stick with it but it hasn't grabbed me as yet.

Bri

There doesn't appear to be a repeat so i-player only I'm afraid.

Bri

yeah strange one....especially as all the **** gets a repeat viewing

have to watch it on my tablet

The BBC never does repeats of episodes for their prime time drama series.

I'm recording this, but for some reason I have no desire of watching it. I'll wait till the whole series is done and then read how it panned out and then I may be tempted.

The BBC never does repeats of episodes for their prime time drama series.

I'm recording this, but for some reason I have no desire of watching it. I'll wait till the whole series is done and then read how it panned out and then I may be tempted.

They had a signed repeat of What Remains on last night.

Bri

Why, it's the name of the gang, they choose it, so don't see the issue as a series title my self, after all the aim of the series is
for Sam Neil's character to bring down the Peaky Blinders

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom