Peacemaker (HBO And Sky Max ) TV Show Review & Comments

Great ending to a great show even though the key surprise moment was spoiled in advance by a stupid YouTube recommendation.. Well deserving of a second season and hopefully more people here will actually be able to watch it then!

Great ending to a great series.

It's a rare thing indeed but I think I'd have been very happy for it to have been one and done considering the ending, but i'm just as happy to find out it's been renewed for a second series.

They had me going there for a moment with Harcourt. Can't recall the last series where I really cared whether a character died or not, so... good for them that they made me care this time around :)

Great ending to a great show even though the key surprise moment was spoiled in advance by a stupid YouTube recommendation.. Well deserving of a second season and hopefully more people here will actually be able to watch it then!
Exact same for me which was a shame but ultimately it didn't affect the show at all. Really pleased with the finale and cannot wait for a second season with JG at the helm!

Really enjoyed this show, but I was expecting quality with JG in charge as I enjoy the humour he brings to whatever he is involved in.
Have to say John Cena was a revelation in the role willing to say/do what was asked for the role with no concerns about maintaining a macho image (unlike another famous wrestler turned actor). He also played the more serious moments extremely well too.
All of the cast were strong tbh, but the actor (I do not really recall having seen before) who plays vigilante was superb. Again willing to do/say whatever for the role. The last post credit scene on sarcasm was brilliant.
As mentioned previously in the thread the opening credits are superb, and about the only opening credits on any show since the sopranos I don't skip. The music selection by JG for the show was immense too, and nice to hear some hard rock on a soundtrack rather than the usual emotional ballads.
Great stuff and so happy to hear it has another season. Easy 9/10

Agree on the credits, I watch it every time.
Likewise, can't think of any other show that I've ever done that.

Pity its over, was my sole reason for going through the faff of keeping my HBO Max subscription alive

Fantastic end to a fantastic first season. Loved it from start to finish.

Yup, was top-drawer TV. It should get a butt-load of awards, not least best actor for John Cena.

This was recommended to me. Just about to start it…….

Sky Max have picked it up in the UK , airing from 22nd of March at 10pm , All episodes available On Demand from that date

Last edited:
Did we luck out here in the UK and get this in UHD or just a HD release?

Only in HD no UHD on Sky Q

Last edited:
Really great show, I wasn't a huge fan of the recent suicide squad movie overall but Cena's character was great. This show just took him to the next level and the soundtrack has been on rotation for me the last couple of months.

I’m not sure what magic was pulled recording and post production wise, but in terms of picture quality, it’s easily one of the best looking 1080p tv shows I’ve ever seen.

100% agree, best show of the year for me.

Must watch it again soon, and I never rewatch TV !

Really enjoyed this too, was a brilliant surprise and hilarious. Loved the into every time!

Along with Daredevil this is the best Comic book series so far.

That was brilliant. Loved it from start to finish.

Pretty much every scene between Peacemaker and Vigilante had me cracking up

Discovered the first episode last night and having enjoyed The Suicide Squad, thought we'd give it a whirl, especially as I thought Peacemaker was dead :D

Really enjoyed it, but there were at least 2 scenes where I was transported back to my youth. When Peacemaker follows Agent Harcourt into the sleazy bar, the sound mix of the rock music in the background coupled with the dark misty atmosphere really felt like a mid week rock night in a cheesy club. And when he flicks through the albums case near the end, man, he could have been flicking through any one of my mates Vinyl collections from that time. Pure class what he uses as a mic to sing Quireboys too! Must be amazing to be one of these bands and seeing/hearing your music being referenced over 30 years on in such an affectionate way.

I agree it has adult Cobra Kai vibes. One minor negative, in the same rock bar scene, Harcourt tells a sleaze ball he has bad breath, who then runs off to get a mate to have a pop at her, that was, er, naff lol..

Last edited:
100% agree, best show of the year for me.

Must watch it again soon, and I never rewatch TV !

You must be the same as me! I loved the whole series and plan on rewatching it as well, which I never do either. I've been plugging it to my mates as I really feel they are missing out..

I must be getting old and boring or just fed up of all the generic crap that's being churned out these days.

As amazing as the title sequence is, i'm 6 eps in and have to fast forward it because I have that song completely stuck in my head now!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom