1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pe5120 Sky+ image slowdown issue

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ninidag, Sep 4, 2005.

1. ninidag

ninidag
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had the projector for about a couple of months now and on the whole have to say i'm very impressed with the quality.

However when connected to my sky+ box through component (via js-tech rgb to component converter) , i experience an occasional slowdown in the image for a few seconds. This is more evident when watching football but happens on all the channels. For example, skysports news, the ticker along the bottom will be clear and then a blur for a couple of seconds and then clear again. During a match this 'slowdown' can happpen several times!

Does anybody else have this problem or similar?

p.s. when watching dvd's through component don't seem to have this problem.

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +834
  3. ninidag

ninidag
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that jase, yes this seems to be the problem. Not sure if there's a way of getting round it though for the pe5120 projector.

Will have to contact BENQ and see what they say.

4. ZippyCat

ZippyCat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Its not just limited to the BenQ, my Toshiba MT200 also slows down during football matches. I used to have problems while watching Sky Sports News, the ticker tape along the bottom would judder and break up. I recently switched to an S Video connection, this has resolved the ticker tape issue, and I thought the football issue until the England match yesterday. I have come to the conclusion that Sky’s football broadcasts have become so poor of late it’s sending our scalers to pots.