1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PE50 to DMRES10 connection help

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by allenw, Sep 29, 2005.

1. allenw

allenw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

was wondering if someone could give me advice on the best way to connect my new panasonic TH37PE50 to a Panasonic DMRES10 dvd recorder. I'm not using any kind of amp/home cinema sound system or sky/cable at the moment.

from reading some of the other threads I understand that component cable is the best connection for PQ but this does not carry and audio, so would I need stereo phono cables as well? or is just RGB scart a better option?

Will I also need to use scart to record from the tv and inbuilt freeview box to DVD? in which case can I use both component/stereo cables and scart?

Finally can anyone recommend the best cables for this job? i've heard that IXOS or profigold are ok.

2. allenw

allenw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Also I will be connecting an XBOX and going forward XBOX360, is another scart ok for this job?

3. sven_sol

sven_sol
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For the sake of ease, use fully wired Scart cables. That way you can get the picture/sound with the minimal amount of fuss. If you use the Link ups (fully wired Scarts are a must for that) things should work seamlessly (thats the theory anyway)

For playback I'd always use Component (I've got Audioquest YIQ-X for my PV500 and optics to my amp) for the best picture you can and a good quality set of Phono cables.

Ixos are very good. Can't really go wrong with them.

But... all depends on your setup/budget etc. (Back of my setup is a mess :rolleyes: )

XBox360 is a different story as that will have HDMI (great news for the HD panels!) but will probably have the same type of thing as the current one where you can have component/composite/scart

Just did a quick hunt around and you can see from this what can do: http://www.whitedog.co.uk/catalog/default.php?cPath=9_47

4. allenw

allenw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So I should use Scart (for recording) and component (for playback) at the same time.

will I have to change any settings on the tv or dvd for this?

thanks

5. sven_sol

sven_sol
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thats how I would prefer to do it it, yes.

Unless anyone else on here could suggest another way?

Shouldn't need to change much/anything. Make sure that the Q-link is set to the right scart socket and you should be away.

6. bobboulby

bobboulby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Won't this confuse the DVD/TV? If you connect using SCART and Component you will have duplicate inputs from the DVD to the television. Does this matter?

Bob