1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pe50 sound improvements

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Neiluk, Aug 6, 2005.

1. Neiluk

Neiluk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Apologies if I am in the wrong topic.
    I have a Panny Th37Pe50, a DMRES10 and Fusion 150 and am really happy with them all.
    When playing music, either digital radio or Dvd's etc, I find that I could do with a bit more bass.
    Is there anyway of adding a sub woofer or do I need to go and get a 5.1 or 7.1 amp, speakers and all the cables that go with such a system? I have wood floors and as I'm renting can not hide any of the cables as I might if the place was mine.
    Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Cheers
    Neil

2. socrates1

socrates1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    You could look at getting a Yamaha YSP-800 (one speaker digital sound processor with inbuilt amplifier, which reflects sound off the walls for a surround sound effect) which should be available soon, and a subwoofer for the bass. This will give you surround sound and bass without cables going around the room. Just plug the DVD player and the subwoofer into the YSP-800. I haven't heard it myself but if you do a search for it's big brother the YSP-1 it gets pretty good reviews.