1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pe30 Owners

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by steveho, Aug 9, 2004.

1. steveho

steveho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    About to purchase a pe30 and have been looking at how the scart leads fit into the back of the set,the standard round scart leads hang down from the set and foul the casing and this prevents the scart from being fitted 100% home.

Anybody experienced this? or are the better quality leads on the market more flexible and don't have this problem or perhaps i should opt for the flat type lead that "QED" do.

steve

2. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    No problems like that with my PE30, the SCARTS push firmly all the way home. The back of my TV has all three SCARTS used, AV1 being a thinish flexible cable from PS2, AV2 is the thick chunky round type cable from ntl digibox and AV4 is the flat thick ribbon type cable from my video. I've also got the RF aerial hooked up and the audio out linked to my 5.1 surround system. The only inputs not used at the moment are the component but I am planning on using them with a Panny DMR-E95 for progressive goodness once funds allow. I even got the back dust cover to fit with all signal cables popping out through the 'cat-flap' section.

No problems at all, in fact it was a refreshing change to have plenty of space to work behind the TV instead of struggling in a confined space as would be the case with a similar screen size CRT.

*EDIT* I should mention that I use the pedestal stand and a separate dedicated TV table, 8mm toughened glass top, 6mm toughened glass centre shelf and MDF bottom shelf. The table can comfortably house 4 boxes/units. I didn't opt for wall mounting or the snazzy curvy Viera floor stand.

S.

3. steveho

steveho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    thanks steve for the reply,

The two pe30 sets i looked at had cheapo scarts fitted with little flexibility and couldn't be rammed home fully,i'll probably play safe though and order either ixos or qed flat type leads.

I'm also going for the Panny DMR-E95 as a partner for the pe30 as well as the pedastal stand on a stands unique cabinet.

steve

4. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +374
    Am using 3 x 12mm Diameter fully screened and wired scart cables on mine, component, RF and line outs. Basically all socketry around the back is fully being used on mine ! The tidy cover clips on as well keeps everything in place.

Have mine on the official floor stand, which has the cable tidy management system. Basically you can feed cables into the vertical supports and the shelves. It is truly a superb design and cabling becomes completely discreet. Incredibly well designed. It's also better looking than a stands unique offering as well, especially for this particular set, so if you can try go for the Panny stand ;)

I'm using a Panny DVD Recorder through QLink. The communication between it and the TV is mesmorising. The DVB timer on the set will switch on the recorder, record programs, lock channels, and switch the recorder off. The TV does all of this (not the recorder !) all while it is even in the 'standby' mode ! The E95 will fully support these features and more as well.

Panasonic have well and truly cornered this market. The Viera is a fantastically feature rich set that performs beautifully.

5. Brigadeer

Brigadeer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have wall-mounted my 42PE30 - so the cable cover had to come off as not enough room for cables hanging out. Picture is top notch :smashin: , very pleased...had a week now.

6. Seanjackdan

Seanjackdan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    F.A.O. Steve P,

Steve, I have read your set up above, and looks like I will be doing a similar thing. Please can you read my post from last week (below), and telme if you think this will be a good set-up ? - thanx........
    ================================================================
    I have ordered a Panny TH-37PE30B Plasma TV from Techtronics and awaiting delivery of said item.

I have a similar problem as others do on here, as in all retailers seem to be out of stock of the pedestal stand, but I will keep looking as the TYST42PX20 is the one I definitely need due to size restrictions (I need to set it up in the corner of my lounge).

The advise I need is on the following please:

The ideal set up I would love for my Plasma (with pedestal stand) is for it to sit on the following Alphason Unit:

http://www.alphasondesigns.com/prod...7/ad547cpb.html

... as this is the perfect width, and with the 5 black glass shelves this would look perfect.

Before I purchase this, can anybody tell me if they can foresee any problems with this unit.

- The top shelp can hold 60kg which is double the weight of the TV
    - I appreciate the unit is not that wide, but when TV is on the pedestal this shouldn't be a problem
    - I know it is advertised as a hi-fi unit, but my skybox, video, dvd player, etc... will fit on the shelves as I have measured them up.

7. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    Hi Sean,

You have a PM ;) btw it's only a copy of this post. :)

I can't seem to get the Alphason website link to work :( They do make good kit though, my 5.1 surround speakers are on Alphason stands.

You mention that the top shelf of the unit is capable of holding 60kg (make sure this is the top shelf and not a figure that relates to the unit as a whole), this is more than enough to take a Viera but bear in mind that if you do change your mind then the pedestal weighs in at 12kg just on its own, therefore a 37" Viera will go up in mass from 34.5kg to 46.5kg.

If the unit you are considering is designed principally as a HI-FI table then the only other issue I can forsee is that the screen might be sitting too high for comfortable viewing. Might be worth taking dimensions for the stand and the television and making some cardboard templates to play with, this should give you a better idea of whether it will all gel together as you are hoping.

Hope that helps,

S.

p.s. did you get my reply to your query about the PE30 inputs?

8. Seanjackdan

Seanjackdan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    steve,
    got your private message, but not the reply about the inputs. sorry !!!!!

sean.........

9. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    My reply is in the original thread, link as above :)

S.

10. Seanjackdan

Seanjackdan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Steve,

I do appreciate you helping me out. I have e-mailed alphason explaining what I intend to do to see if that unit can cope with all my bits......

Its just all the actual plasma units seem to be a bit low. I mean if you wall mounted one, it would never be that low would it ???

What stand do you have yours on, bearing in mind that I will also have it on the TYST42PX20 pedestal stand ( if I can ever get hold of the b**tard things ) - lol ???

Sean ........

11. steveho

steveho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    my thread has been hijacked