PDZ or Q4

Batch

Prominent Member
Reaction score
University: Lancaster, Home: Cambridgeshire
Perfect Dark Zero or Quake 4?

Which looks the best at the moment and which would you advice me to go for?

Thanks

Batch

Personally if I was going for a 360 FPS (which I am) it would be (and is) COD2 easily. Quake 4 seems OK but nothing great. It's graphically good but feels like a 5 year old FPS title. Not sure about PDZ, it received some lacklustre responses from people who have seen it and I must admit that what I have seen of this hasn't really blown me away. Still I reserve judgement until their release but given what we know so far i'd say that COD2 seems the one to go for. Still if you are specifically after a futuristic FPS title and not WW2 then COD2 is out of the equation.

If I have to chose between PDZ and Q4 then i'd probably go for PDZ to be honest as Q4 seems to offer nothing new at all and just seems like Q3 with better graphics.

yeah been playing Q4 on the pc the last week , pretty standard stuff , Im going for PDZ purely because I loved the first one it had great multiplayer , probobly the last time I actually enjoyed 4 player split screen.

Might go for COD2 , it does look good but have to be honest , im sick of WW2 games !!!! The guns were crap back then ;)

rickyroma said:
yeah been playing Q4 on the pc the last week , pretty standard stuff , Im going for PDZ purely because I loved the first one it had great multiplayer , probobly the last time I actually enjoyed 4 player split screen.

Might go for COD2 , it does look good but have to be honest , im sick of WW2 games !!!! The guns were crap back then ;)

I must say that I personally prefer real guns to all these laser, plasma & rail type guns. If we are talking futuristic gaming then I still like them to have fairly current day weaponry.

To be honest though I can't see much shifting PGR3 from the DVD drive in the forst couple of months at least!

Cheers guys!

I'm going for PD0 as I'm still hoping that it may actually be quite good! However, I'm also going for QIV for the multiplay (despite the pc version not being that good!)

Are any of you guys familiar with the original Perfect Dark ? If you havent played it try and get hold on an n64 and give it a bash , it still holds up , I was playing it a few months back :) Great single player and although I did say I hated WW2 weapons I always liked the guns in PD , they had great sfx !

im sorry but PD0 does not even say next gen to me never mind scream it. its the most uninspiring game on the 360 launch to me without counting the usual E.A tripe. i played the original and loved it but this just does not look anything out of the ordinary. ive seen so many video's and even on the dark agent mode the A.I is still disgraceful, the Gfx are exactly next Gen, the audio isnt neither.

Quake 4 played on the Pc for a while. its just not fun at all. SP is below average, MP is like a ghost town could i hell find a game, even then it didnt exactly bring me back to the glory days of Q2 & 3.

CAS has it spot on with call of duty but keep an eye out for condemned criminal origins, it seems to be trying a new twist on the FPS genre rather than just run and gun. seems to have great story behind it and not many games are bothered with a real good story line anymore. its a monilth package and they have done F.E.A.R and riddick the game so they have a great pedigree IMO

me in getting PGR3,COD2 and if i can get an extra £40 condemned, but i will get this at some point regardless

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom