1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pdp435xde - 'Long air' speakers.

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by dodgyd, Aug 11, 2005.

1. dodgyd

dodgyd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    Hi all,

Nearly there, just one more question I hope!

I know that these speakers attach by some kind of silver aluminium bracket. But how are they connected electrically? Does the bracket have some kind of tube running through it that carries the speaker wires? I don't want to have the speakers to the side of the screen if I have to see speaker cable, too!

Also, is it possible to use these speakers as the centre speaker of an AV system? That would save me from having to put up a centre speaker either above or below the screen and make for a slightly tidier look. I know that this is possible with other brands of Plasma.

Hope someone can help,
    Thanks,
    Dave.

2. ikon66

ikon66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    the speakers plug into the back of the panel not the media box so you could route the wires across the fixings.

if you want to use them as centres you will need to check on impedence and power handling and need some sort of switching device between av amp and tv.

If you have an av system why have speakers, unless you want to use them just to watch tv? to me it seems like more effort to lose 1 speaker (IMHO)

3. dodgyd

dodgyd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    That's a bit disapointing, I hoped that the speakers would somehow electrically 'mate' with the screen once attached. The reason I want the speakers even though I have an AV system is to reduce complexity when the display is used by my technophic parents/in-laws :|
    I'm starting to think that perhaps I will sell the 'long air' speakers on e-bay and do without the simplicity. After all, I'm the one paying for it!

Thanks for your help.
    Dave.