1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PDP435XDE buzzing plasma..?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Renton, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Renton

Renton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had my 435XDE up and running for a few days now.
    I switched the sound off last night and noticed a buzzing sound coming from behind the right side of the screen. This changes its frequency and volume as the picture changes...

Anyone else noticed this on theirs? I assume when I call Pioneer they'll say it's normal, but is it?

2. deanym

deanym

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Put screen on to power save mode and turn of the advanced picture settings, this should quieten it down a lot.

I've had my xde isf calibrated and the buzzing was reduced to a degree where its not noticed unless face is against the screen.

3. BIGMAX

BIGMAX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    There a few threads on here regarding this issue. It seems that this buzz is normal but some seem louder than others or peoples toleration levels are different. I first noticed a buzz in a silent room but with any sound on and when sat in the usual viewing position I am not aware of any buzz at all. But i think it will always be there. If it's any help when the advanced option is chosen in the pure cinema mode then the buzz seems worse. Take it off this mode and it helps.

4. Renton

Renton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys. I'll have a 'play' over the weekend.
    It seemed worse when using the PS2, so maybe that will improve when my component cable arrives.