PDP435FDE v 42PD7200

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by gunn0r, Nov 5, 2005.

1. gunn0r

gunn0r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have narrowed my search for my first plasma down to these two. I was wondering which one would be best for me to get? I have seen glowing reviews for both. I would like hi def and see the Hitachi is a higher resolution 1024 x 1024 compared to the Pioneer's 1024 x 768 is there any major difference between these to resolutions?

I will be running my Sky+ through it and it will be connected to my amp and speakers.

I am hoping to buy today, they are both listed at the same price from Richer Sounds.

2. cyman

cyman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    i cant say much about the pioneer. but i got my 47pd7200 delivered yesterday after upgrading from 37" phillips lcd and the picture is unbelievable.

i use my xbox via rgb scart my sky + via rgb scart and my toshiba 350e dvd via component and the picture is spot on its really surprised me with the quality of the sky picture its a big improvement.

hope this helps a bit

3. andrewkay

andrewkay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Seen both on demo side by side and they do both seem to be extremely good, with latest Pioneer having the edge. I would guess they cannot be told apart on PQ, unless you are testing side by side. Both have a v. similar look but one important dif must be whether you want a separate media box, or not.

Assuming I go for a TV (as opposed to a Panel only), and assuming I can be sure that there is no disvantage to having the media box, I will definately be plumping for the Pioneer.

Hope this helps
    Andy