PDP428XD Digital Out

Ossiepop

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I have picked up one of the above second hand and was thinking of connecting a sub via the optical output. Does anyone know if the Tv will take control of the sub's volume output or if it will have to be adjusted manually?

Regards

Hi everyone

I have picked up one of the above second hand and was thinking of connecting a sub via the optical output. Does anyone know if the Tv will take control of the sub's volume output or if it will have to be adjusted manually?

Regards

Should connect it up via the sub woofer out (just above the PC input) like a normal sub on an amp. That's how mine is and the volume control on the TV controls it.

Thanks Bumptious

The sub I was thinking of using has an optical in and left/right analogue inputs. If I use the Sub out on the TV would I be able to link it to just one of the analogue inputs on the sub and would is the Tv still likely to control the volume output?

Thanks Bumptious

The sub I was thinking of using has an optical in and left/right analogue inputs. If I use the Sub out on the TV would I be able to link it to just one of the analogue inputs on the sub and would is the Tv still likely to control the volume output?

Yes. The optical inputs are for line in from your sources. The sub out on the TV is a proper sub output and should go to the main sub line (LFE) in.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom