• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

pdp427xd or 42px70

waran

Established Member
I am trying to help a friend decide which to buy, pdp427xd or 42px70, but I an guessing this is not going to be easy as the Pio boys will go with the pioneer and the Panny boys with the panasonic, or I could be wrong.
Any help will be appriciated.

lgans316

Distinguished Member
42px70 may be the latest but it doesn't mean that it's the greatest.
Do you due diligence on both these models.
I think the Pio would be a good choice coz it doesn't exhibit any stu*id picture artifacts that the Panny exhibits. This includes the 10th gen too.

How about waiting for the 8th gen Pio ?:devil:

lgans316

Distinguished Member
Then resort to the 7th Gen Pio.

KinkyAffro

Established Member
I'd say do your research before you buy........ big time!

I've been in a similar position as you.

I had a 42PX60 that suffered the much reported problems. Was offered an exchange for the PX70 or 427xd and chose.............neither.

As lgans quite rightly says the PX70 might be cheap but it still exhibits signs of the problems that plagued the PX60.
On the other hand have you seen the 427 in the flesh? I've now seen 3 and all exhibited the dreadful dirty screen effect, not good.

If you want a cheap screen and can live with these flaws go for it but i'd recommend doing your research so you know exactly what you're getting for your money.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom