PDP-50MXE11 right choice ?

B

bocciaroccia

Hi,

I own a Lumagen HDP VP and I am looking for a 50" plasma display which can do 1:1 NR @50hz through dvi/hdmi. I was thinking to buy the new Nec xr5 or xm5 but it seems that the display converts the 50hz signal to 60hz internally. Do you have any experience with these new plasma devices ? The only one which surely accepts 50hz at NR is the Pioneer mxe11 professional panel. It would be great if someone could post his impressions on the panel (black levels, v-h panning, football, overall smothness).

Thanks for your help

Andrea

I'm very happy with mine - a bit hard to comment your proposed setup as I use a Crystalio to feed mine, which is top drawer with PAL video sources, so football etc. is rock solid and very smooth.

the pio MXE11 sound almost perfect imho - but some folks in here seems to believe the PHD8 has slightly better black levels.

How do you rate the black level on the Pio C.J?

Hi C.J,

Do you use one of the optional boards (5003-5004) ? Since I would use the Lumagen directly to the plasma dvi plug is it absolutely necessary to buy an optional board ? It would help me a lot could also rate the black levels of the display. I own an "old" pdp-503hde and black levels are really orrible.

Thanks,

Andrea

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom