PDP 436XDE Input Problem

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by mapster, Mar 27, 2006.

1. mapster

mapster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm hoping someone can help me.

I've had my Pio since October with no problems but just recently I'm having some problems.

When I select Input 1 I'm only getting sound, no picture. This is my Sky connection. I can still view Sky if I select Input 2 which is routed via my vcr. So at this stage I'm thinking that it's a scart socket/cable issue.

Also, for the first time in the last couple of days I have plugged in a laptop to the front PC connection. Would this have any impact on screen being blank?

Any ideas what causing this? Thanks in advance for any help.

Mapster

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    The only impact of the laptop use is that you could have moved/jogged the media box. The scart may simply have come loose. Fortunately for us all, the simplest explanations are usually right. Sound but no picture can be 2 things though. either the scart is coming out, one side 1st, or else maybe someone has pressed the 'sky' or 'TV' button, can't remember which and lost the RGB setting on sky. If the Pio scart is set for RGB and you are giving it composite, you'll have no picture. Cure: Get the picture through the VCR and get the services menu up.

3. Humph

Humph
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Cure: Get the picture through the VCR and get the services menu up.[/QUOTE]

Lucid and helpful as usual, MAW, but how do we get the services menu up?:lease:
    I've seen advice in this respect starting with 'Press the Display button on the remote' but there isn't a Display button on the XDE remote!

Humph

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    The sky service menu. Services, system settings, picture settings, check it says RGB not PAL

5. DaveCheltenham

DaveCheltenham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    ... or you could try changing the input 1 on the XDE for video rather than RGB just to try. My Sky+ box has changed to PAL from RGB before now giving a blank picture.

6. Bacus

Bacus
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,925

Lucid and helpful as usual, MAW, but how do we get the services menu up?:lease:
    I've seen advice in this respect starting with 'Press the Display button on the remote' but there isn't a Display button on the XDE remote!

Humph[/QUOTE]the display button on the XDE remote is actually theINFO button bellow button 9........:cool:

7. mapster

mapster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys.

I have got it working now. Not exactly sure what it was as I was trying many different things but it did kick in when pressing the Sky button, although I had tried that before my yell for help.

Cheers
    Mapster

8. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    It was the RGB setting then. Anyway, working now, well done. The info/display button is particularly unhelpful here, if it's got no picture, all it will tell you is there is no valid signal. Most TVs are automatic for RGB/PAL on scart. The XDE is an exception. Same with all it's inputs. To install, it's actually a bit of a pain. Half the input settings are greyed out because of other modes it comes set to. Then you have to go throught he advanced settings for every input turning off the noise reduction.