1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PDP-434HDE issues

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by ffwd, Jul 15, 2004.

1. ffwd

ffwd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just taken the plunge and brought a Pioneer PDP-434HDE. It's great but I have some issues:

1) EPG - Doesn't seem to work.

Press EPG - "Cannot display EPG - EPG auto update is disabled"
    Press Home Menu -> EPG - "Current settings do not allow selection and adjustment".

I've got an aerial plugged into the media box and have tuned all the channels in and get a good picture, so what is wrong? Its meant to give a "Now and Next" program listing. Someone told me this feature is only for the German market and is disabled in the UK. Is this correct?

2) Clock - Can set but is never correct.

Checked forums and realize this is a firmware issue that can be fixed by a media box swap.

3) I know the new model 435 is coming out in October, which features an integrated terrestrial (Freeview) tuner. I wonder if Pioneer will be offering an upgrade path for the media box to get the digital tuner?

Suggestions please!

2. Quinny

Quinny
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    1. EPG is not available in the UK I believe.

2. Yes you do need another media box. I had the same issue and the swap out resolved this.

3. No idea about the 435 media box, but if it has the same amount of issues as some of the earlier 434 boxes had then I would be less than hasty to be an early adopter.