PDK-TS27 table stand

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by mooney058, Jan 17, 2008.

1. mooney058

mooney058
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    PioMan or somebody else - I have PDK-TS27 table stand for my 428xd.

Now I need to put a front speaker in front of my tv, but the speaker is 17 cm high (and it will apparently cover part of the screen). is there a way to lift-up the tv on this stand a bit higher (2-3 cm) so that the speaker would not cover the screen?

2. Pioneer Man

Pioneer Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

The PDK-TS27 is a fixed height stand, you can not make it higher

I used the high rise stand designed for the 508 with an under mounted speaker at home for this very reason, I covered up the gap with black card that was scored and bent to fit, looks quite good.

As you already have the stand then you might want to raise it up a bit (the better option) or get a smaller centre speaker (but the bigger speaker the better)

Maybe see if the stand can be raised on a stack or books or if your crafty you could make something to raised it up in a similar way and then paint it black?

3. mooney058

mooney058
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi Pioneer Man,

Did not think about the simple solutions first :) Will see If I can get some black material which could be put under the table stand so it could rise couple of cm :)

R

4. mooney058

mooney058
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Pio Man - one more thing - I connected SD (digital) box to my tv (via scart to the first scart socet on the telly). previously I had analog tv via coaxial cable. now when I turn on my tv and the box - tv goes to the input 2 (where previously I had my analog tv). is it possible to change the settings so that when I turn on my telly it would immediately go to the input1?

I have tried different meniu settings, but did not find anything

5. Pioneer Man

Pioneer Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Can you confirm, you have a PDP-428XD and your still using an external Freeview box on input 1? What do you have connected to input 2, if anything?

The DTV tuner in the plasma will be leagues ahead of an external DTV tuner, there is just no need for a separate one.

The TV will normally turn on to the last used input or channel, but if you have a device connected to Scart socket the TV may auto switch to that input when that external input turns on or sends out a 'look at me signal'.

6. mooney058

mooney058
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Can you confirm, you have a PDP-428XD and your still using an external Freeview box on input 1? What do you have connected to input 2, if anything?

Yes I have 428XD. I am using external digital (SD) box connected via scart to scart 1 of the TV. It is belgian Telenet digital tv box.

The DTV tuner in the plasma will be leagues ahead of an external DTV tuner, there is just no need for a separate one.

So I could place the card from the provider straight into the TV and it should work?

The TV will normally turn on to the last used input or channel, but if you have a device connected to Scart socket the TV may auto switch to that input when that external input turns on or sends out a 'look at me signal'.

this is clear now, thanks!
    [/QUOTE]