Pdc Recording Problems

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by doobds, Mar 17, 2005.

1. doobds

doobds

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I have a Panasonic E55 DVD Recorder and panasonic NHV61 Nicam VCR and when I use the PDC function in tandem with videoplus codes, the recorders are not recording. I've double checked the code to check the correct day/channel number and time etc and have used PDC and Videoplus for many years on non Panansonic machines without problem. I am aware that ITV does not transmit in all areas ( I am in Ipswich/East area) so I use it mainly for BBC programmes. Any body aware of any problems with the codes or particularly with Panasonic products.

2. phelings

phelings
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    PDC only functions on analogue,not digital,although you may find it works with C4 and E4 on Sky.
    Some devices expecting a PDC code and not receiving one will simply not record.
    Anglia do not use PDC at all

3. malcolm159

malcolm159
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi does pdc work ??? I have a panny 85 great machine but I'm having problems with recording when pdc is set to on .I'm base in sheffield so using yorkshire transmitter and some times the procs don't start on itv analouge bbc 1 some times starts the program 4 hours early then recordes the correct program at the correct time .It seems it works one day and not the next is it a problem with the panny or the pdc .I have read though the forum and people say pcd works then others say no it doesn't any one know for sure .sorry for hijacking your thread but thought it would be better that staring anew one 2 days after your's .
    Regards Malcolm

4. SDHoward

SDHoward
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    PDC is wonderful when it works (automatically recoding lengthened episodes etc) but disastrous when it doesn't.. recording 3 seconds of a program and giving up.
    I've given up using PDC after I kept loosing recordings.. I'd guess my problem is down to inconsistent reception so it ocasiaonally get confused over the signal... either that or the BBC are messing me about on purpose :)