PDC Off Sat Box?

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Garrett, Dec 1, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,349
    On Saturday morning I wanted to tape a film it was on BBC2 in anamorphic W/S I wanted to use PDC incase the times were altered but it does not work with the sat box as far as I know. I have a Panasonic HS960. I though for the moment I could enter the code then alter the source but if I did that it would be looking for the signal of my digtal box and not the aerial which would be the supplier of the on code.

Is there a way round this?

2. SimonA

SimonA
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    PDC isn't implemented on digital TV. It's an analogue only 'feature'

Simon

3. AV Junky

AV Junky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    Does your VCR have the 'satellite link' facility (I think that's what it's called on mine)? When it works, functions very much like PDC. Only trouble I have is that it doesn't seem to work on some channels. Not sure whether it's the channel that's incompatible, or just the unreliable nature of 'Autoview' on my digibox (don't get me started :mad: )

4. Ridcully

Ridcully

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    The lack of PDC on digital channels is a real shame as the chances of the EPG being right to the minute or updated due to over runs is very poor as most Sky+ owners have experienced.

Major channel culprits are Sci Fi, always seem to start 1 minute early and UK Gold who bounce from 1 minute early to 2 minutes late