1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PDA thats GPS and MP3 and WAV and Voice recognition compatible - where can I find rev

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by bat4, Sep 10, 2005.

1. bat4

bat4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI,
    I'm looking for a single bit of kit that can help with a range of different things I need to doi. Can anyone help point me in the right direction?
    I'm hoping that some sort of PDA will do it all but may be wrong and may need a PDA and a Hard disk player?
    Anyway I'm looking for something that:
    can record and play WAV format as well as MP3,
    Has a line in jack socket (not an optical one)
    Can be used as a memo recorder (capable of taking fairly lengthy recordings/dictation, not just the odd memo).
    Is comaptible with a voice recognition software package (not sure which one yet but Dragon Preferred V8 looking probable) so I can drag recorded audio files to Laptop and get them converted to text.
    Has a GPS receiver so recordings coming in the line in socket (not dictation) can be plotted to location they were taken at.
    Can synchronise with MS Outlook for calendar, contacts, tasks (not necessarily email)

I don't need it to be a phone, camera or video camera.

I know technologies moved past my knowledge but has it moved far enough for me to get one device to do everything I want?

Any pointers to kit or to reviews greatly appreciated.

Thanks